The funeral

A/N: Oh my god fuck off😩🔫

(Same warnings apply)
This happened so quickly, who knew so much could change all in a blink, who knew lives could end, lives could be altered so much, before we can even process it all. Life is so much shorter than we realise. Maybe life is as simple as eat, sleep, reproduce then die. But maybe there's more than what any meer human mind can process, what if everything on this earth is just a simulation of a greater being's creation, or is we all are just a fragment of my imagination. What if all of this if just a dream, what if one day I just wake up and everyone I ever loved, everyone I ever knew, everything I ever knew, to have never existed. I hate to think of time when I might be the only one of my friends left...
Since Astoria passed we haven't been back to school, Al, Scorpius and I have being staying at the burrow for the past week now, we'll probably stay here next week too as it's half term so everyone will be of time table at Hogwarts and we won't be missing any learning. I've kind of had to look after Al and Scorpius as the only adults in the house are my grandparents, who can't really do much.
For the first couple days of this week neither Al or Scorpius spoke much, Albus stayed hidden in Hugo's room while Scorpius huddled up in the spare room.
Scorpius has kept his distance from me most of this week, I've made his and Al's meals for them, I tried to get them to come out and eat at the kitchen for a bit but they weren't budging so I ended up just slipping the food through the door each day. I've tried to keep myself occupied, being alone thoughts is never good for me.
"Scorpius you need to eat, not eating isn't going to fix anything, you don't even have to come down just please open the door!" He hasn't eaten since yesterday morning, it's the evening now. "Al please open your door" Even Al won't eat.
"Please..." I almost whimpering. Al let the door open just enough the get the plait through. "Thank you."
I can't be bothered with Scorpius tonight. I spent the rest of the night in room, seeing her eyes as they faded into death, over and over again.
Albus's P.O.V:
I don't understand any of this, I hate it, I hate it, hate it, I hate seeing Scorpius like this, I hate seeing Ti like this, I wish I could help her, I wish I could help her so much, but I'm scared by this, I don't want to think about any of this. I want to comfort Scorpius so bad, I don't want him like this. This sounds so stupid but sometimes you just want someone to hug you or hold you and just to tell you everything's fine and it's going to be fine even if it's not, even if you just sit there in silence, sitting with someone makes the silence so much less lonely. Maybe going for a little walk round the house will help. I got out of bed and creeped trough the door not making a noise. I began to go down to the kitchen to get a drink, at got closer I realized the light was on, I guess Ti left it on, as I went in the kitchen I let out a small yelp when I saw Scorpius standing in the corner pouring a drink.
"I.. I'm sorry should I go..."
"Oh...um...uh, you can stay don't worry" he replied almost shaking.
"Do you want to talk at all, you don't have to or anything but it might be ni..."
"Yeah that would be nice" he said almost relived. So we went back up stairs and into my room, I sat on the bed and Scorpius sat huddled next to me. This is the first time we've spoken all week, I'm not really sure what to say.
"It's chilly tonight."
"Yeah" He said Blandly.
"Thermos." I casted
"That's better, I should use that spell more" said Scorpius.
"The skys nice tonight" I said, swiping the curtain away.
"It's peaceful" said Scorpius Leaning his head on my shoulder.
"I see you have let your hair free today."
"Yeah, I just couldn't be bothered to gel it up and stuff today" he sighed.
"I like it like this" I said stroking my hand through his hair.
"I like your's too, it's curly." said Scorpius.
"You always look so cold."
"Oh don't worry" he said shivering.
"I will worry, I don't want you to get a cold." I pulled the duvet over us and wrapped him a fluffy blanket. "Better?"
"A lot" he said.
"You look like a little caterpillar."
"Come closer, you look cold now" he said, placing his arm round me.
"Your hands are soft."
"As are your eyes" said Scorpius
"Eyes are like forests, you take one look, you start to travel and your lost."
"I love your little quotes" he just slightly smiling.
"Your hair is so fluffy."
"As is yours" he yawned.
"Someone's tied"
"Yup, would it be alright if I could stay in here for tonight" asked Scorpius nervously.
"Of coarse!" I yawned. After I said that Scorpius layed his head in my shoulder and fell into a peaceful sleep.
"As John green says, I feel in love the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at one." I whispered as I to feel in to a deep slumber of my own.
Ti's P.O.V:
Arrr I've not been able to get proper sleep in days. I heard Al and Scorpius, go into Al's room last night, hopefully Al's made Scorpius feel a bit better, maybe they'll let come in today.
I've spent the majority of last couple days sleeping, watching Netflix, listening to panic at the disco and extensional crisising, I've tried to not sit in silence for to long, sitting in silence just sends me into a vortex of inescapable philosophy.
Well I might as well make breakfast, even if they don't feel like speaking to me, they need to eat. I went downstairs and into the kitchen and began to make pancakes and waffles. This has lure them out, they love pancakes. I stumbled back upstairs, levitating plates and mugs.
"Al! Scorpius! I have pancakes and waffles!" And on command the door opened just so slightly so the food could get through. "Your going to have to let me to get them" the door stayed partially open. "Well I guess there's just more me. MMM they smell so good" again the door stayed put, so I began wafting the smell in the room.
"Is there hot chocolate" said Al.
"The chocolaty kind."
"Come in" said Al. Omg finally,
"I put cinnamon on them."
"Mmmm" they said as I sat down and passed them there breakfast.
"You want to talk to me at all."
"Not particularly" said Scorpius.
"Wow, very polite, I guess I'll have the food back."
"Thanks for the food, I suppose" said Scorpius.
"The sky looks nice this morning."
"So do these pancakes" said Al.
"Eat up." Me an Al began to eat up the breakfast with out hesitating. "Scorpius poking the pancake with fork isn't going to get it into your mouth."
"I'm not hungry" said Scorpius.
"Come on Scorps just eat a little bit" said Al.
"Ughh" moaned Scorpius as he took a nibble.
"Nice isn't it."
"Ok maybe I'll eat it" he mumbled looking longingly at pancake.
"This reminds me of that time we went to Disney and we had pancakes and waffles for breakfast for the entire time" said Al.
"Good times."
"This hot chocolate is good, I guess" sighed Scorpius.
"You have a bit of cream on your face" I pointed out whipping it his face. As I did this Al gave me a rather odd look.
"Thanks" he blushed.
"You have a crumb in your hair" said Al playing with Scorpius's hair.
"Thanks" he blushed almost letting out a smile.
"Don't hold back your smiles, your cute when you smile" said Al softly.
"You look cuter" smiled Scorpius.
"Shall I take the plate down."
"That would be help full" said Al. I proceeded to transport everything down into the kitchen. Al Seems to be able to get things across to Scorpius, hopefully they'll both start helping me round the house, making dinner and I understand they're sad but so am I and it get's kind of hard keeping up with everything. I know things are going to be difficult from now on but I'm not letting either of them just fall by the way side.
As a began to load the plates and cups into the dish washer there was a knock. Immediately went into to the hallway and causally open the front door. Only to find Uncle Neville.
"Um... Hello."
"Hey Ti, can I speak to your parents" said Neville.
"Oe... um, they're not here."
"Your Grandparents?" He asked.
"They're in their house, they're probably sleeping."
"Who has been looking after you" questioned Neville.
"My grandparents were supposed to but, they're getting old so I've just taken charge."
"I'm not telling you off but, you know you could have called me and I would have come round or I would have found someone" he said.
"I'm sorry."
"Don't worry, the house looks very clean" he said
"Thank you, do you want some tea?"
"That would be nice" he replied.
"May I ask why did you come over?" I asked heating the kettle up.
"I just needed to check up on you and tell you something" said Neville
"Is it about the funeral" I replied, passing him a cup of tea.
"Yes, yes it is" he frowned.
"I knew this would be happening soon"
"Should we get Al and Scorpius down" Neville asked.
"We could but it'd be best if we didn't disturb them."
"That fine as long as you tell them" he said.
"Do you want to talk in the front room" I said Walking him to the front room.
"How are things emotionally, if you don't mind me asking" he asked, sitting down on the couch.
"Not amazing, but who would be."
"How about Al and Scorpius" Neville questioned.
"Neither of them talked to me or each other till today, they haven't been eating much either, but they are slowly getting better, they're both in the same room now which is better."
"So have you really been here by your selves" he said.
"Pretty much, but I made sure that the both eat and the house was clean."
"You know you really didn't need to do all this you could have just called and adult and we could have found someone" he said.
"I would have but I'm not sure if it would have help Al and Scorpius, yes now it would be nice to get some help but at first we all just needed some alone time with out people fussing around us, also I don't mind don't stuff round the house, if anything I keep going out my way to do it because it keeps my mind distracted."
"I see were your coming from, but now you will need some adult round the house, if i'm aloud would you like be to stay round?" Asked Neville.
"Definitely" I'd much prefer Neville then most adults.
"That's good, now I do need to tell you about the funeral, it will be held in two days and if you, Al and Scorpius wish to attend it I'll take you there" said Neville.
"I can't speak for Al and Scorpius but I chose to attend out of respect."
"That is mature of you, also I have to make a quite phone call regarding who will looking after you" he said. Neville walked out the room and proceeded to ring someone.
I feel going to funerals is just pure respect for that person even if you don't have a funeral for someone you should find a way to send them away, to pay your respects, to show you loved them.
"Well I asked and they said I can stay here, is that good" he asked walking back into the room.
"Yeah that's good."
"Accio suitcase" cast Neville.
"Do you want me to help you unpack?"
"No thank you, but could you tell me were a spear bedroom is" he asked.
"Up the stairs and turn right."
"Thank you, do go tell Al and Scorpius about the stuff" he replied, proceeding out the room
"Will do." I replied following him upstairs.
"Is this the room" he asked.
"Yup" I replied. Once he had gone in the room I walked down the corridor to the room Al ans Scorpius were in. "Hey can I come in, there's something I need to tell you." I do hope they let me in I don't want to be stuck alone in my room for the next hour.
"Sure, it's open" Al said. Phew.
"who was that at the door" asked Scorpius.
"Uncle Neville, he's staying here to look after us for the next few days."
"Rather him them most people, also what do you need to tell us?" Al asked.
"Yeah about that, well the actual reason why he's here was to tell us about the... the funeral."
"Oh..." frowned Scorpius.
"When will it be..." Said Al.
"In two days, you don't have to go if you don't want to."
"I do want to go, I want to respect her" said Scorpius.
"If Scorpius is going I'll go too" said Al.
"If you feel up to it one of you could read something out."
"I don't think it would be good if I did I'd just get to emotional" said Scorpius.
"That's understandable."
"I know this is a big ask but... If you wouldn't mind could you possibly read something out for me?" Asked Scorpius.
"Yeah I could do that, don't stress."
Al, Scorpius and I talked until it was time to make dinner, our conversations were pretty dull, merely just to fill time and to distract our minds. As the time to make dinner arrived I walked down expecting to spend the next two hours making a meal which would be half eating, but to my surprise Neville was there in the kitchen piling lasagna on plates.
"Might not so be so bad having someone else round the house."
"I even made you a veggie on" he replied.
"Thank Merlin, I thought I'd have to brake it too you."
"How did Al and Scorpius well... react" he asked.
"Well they both want to go and Scorpius want's me to read something."
"Are you sure your up for it" Neville questioned.
"Hopefully."
For next two days Neville and I managed to get the two down for meals, though they did spend most of the days in their room. I didn't butt in too much, I gave them some books, games and set up a T.V up in there so I presume they probably didn't touch the books or the games and binge watched Netflix. Most of the time I was in my room, I tried to read bit, I chatted to Neville a little.
Today is the day of the funeral, Neville said to us just ware our robes. Even though it's like 5 am I'm going to pick some flowers for Al, Scorpius, Neville and I. It's been terribly cold this year, there's been a lot more snow then usual, hopefully some flowers have survived. I walked from my room to Garden trying to make a little noise as possible. As I stepped out side I was out side cold rush of air hit my face.
"God sake the things I do for people." I looked around trying to find any pretty plants. I found a small bed of tulips, some snow bells, some pansies and some sweet Williams. Not to bad. I headed back in side and began to get to ready, I would try to get back to sleep but once I'm up I'm up.
At about 8 Neville came. "Hey Ti could you help get the boys up" he yawned.
"Sure." So I went to their room.
"Hey guys you need to wake up."
"I've been up all night" said Scorpius.
"Do you still feel up to going."
"I'm fine, here something Al and I wrote out, if your still alright with reading" said Scorpius.
"Yeah I'll be fine, also this morning I went out and picked you and Al some flowers for the funeral." I said passing him the one with snow drops and placing the one with pansies in at the end of the bed.
"I know I heard you, thank you anyway" said Scorpius.
"I'm gonna go down and breakfast, try and wake Al if you can, also if you feel really upset today you can come and speak to me if you want." I hugged him then went to kitchen. I do hope he'll be alright today, obviously he'll be sad but I hope nothing too bad will happen.
"Don't worry about breakfast I've made it, also are your sure your'll be alright to speak in front of everyone." Asked Neville
"I hope so, how long till we leave?"
"An hour and a half" He replied. About twenty minuets or so later Al and Scorpius came down, they both looked smart, they both also looked very nervous, I could see Scorpius's hands were shaking.
"Morning" said Neville.
"Morning" they sighed.
"Come and sit down, things will be alright, we wont stay to long or anything."
"Will my dad be there" asked Scorpius.
"I presume so, you can sit with him if you want" said Neville.
"That would nice" said Scorpius. We spent the next hour or so, tying to make Al and Scorpius feel less anxious.
"Looks like the car's here" said Neville.
"Are you two sure you want to go."
"Sure" said Al.
"Sure" said Scorpius. We headed to car were there was a suited driver at front, we got into the back and off we went.
All they way there Al comforted Scorpius by holding his hand.
"I'll drop you of here" said the driver. I hope mine and Al's parents don't make a fuss about anything. All of us went into the church.
"Scorpius, your dad's there" pointed Neville. Quickly, we walked to the pew were Draco was. Draco does not seem very healthy. As we sat down Draco put his arm round Scorpius. Churches are a very strange places, a place were you have one of the happiest day of your love and be in pure joy or be a place were you say goodbye and be in sadness like never before.
"Mr. Malfoy are all the guess here, may I begin the ceremony" asked the church pastor.
"Yes you may begin" replied Draco, Even Draco's voice seems hurt.
"We are gathered here to celebrate the life of Astoria Malfoy" began the priest, I guess "a gathering to celebrate life" is a light way to put things. They priest went on for while talking about heaven, love, hate, he read a couple quotes here and there, so far it's not to bad, I've been able to hold my self together so far. Things he said weren't to personal until the priest said...
"Astoria was a well loved lady, she was hardworking as well as being a loving mother to her child Scorpius, a loving wife, a great sister and friend. It will be forever sad that Astoria will never see her Son, Scorpius and his friends Titania and Al, whom she was very close to grow up into adults." I could see that both Al and Scorpius were both in pain. I wish I could just hug them, I just want this to be over now.
"Now we have a short speech from Titania Granger-Weasley" he said. Ah I'm not ready for this, I really don't want to do this!
"Are you sure your up for this" whispered Neville.
"I can do this." Ok you can do this, you can this, for Scorpius, for Scorpius. Cautiously I got up, walked up to the step. I could see the the whole church, I pulled the piece of paper from my pocket and...
"Um... Er As you know Astoria was a kindly woman, who cared for who she loved with a strong heart, even though she was not my mother she treated much like a daughter and gave me words of wisdom and advice in hard times, Astoria was always a very understanding and forgiving person who was beautiful, inside and out. She was a wonderful woman and deserves a lot of love. As well as what I have just said, there a few things Al and Scorpius would like me to say on behalf of them. Albus would like to say, even though he wasn't quite as a close to Astoria as me and Scorpius, he knew she was a most lovely woman who would always be there if you needed her, he also wants to say how very thankful he is for her for creating his best friend Scorpius. Scorpius would like to say, he will forever miss his mum and will never forget her, his life will never be quite the same with out her, she has guided him through his young life and always held him close in hard times, letting his mum go will take longer than he can say, there is now forever a place in his heart for her; carrying on with life will be hard, he'll never forget you." My hands are shaking so much, my heart feels like its dropped, my stomach is turning. Don't cry! Hold it in.
"You did good" said Neville.
"How long is left" I trembled as a tear rolled down my face.
"It's not long I promise" comforted Neville. The priest went on for a little longer then announced the ceremony to be over. Most of the guests started to get up and go.
"Is it alright if we don't stay for the burial."
"Yeah, let's just get home" said Neville. It's just gonna be back to square one with Scorpius now. We got back to the car quickly before any one try to talk to us. Hopefully Draco will be alright.
"Were m... my parents th... there" stutted Albus still a bit shook up.
"No they weren't nor were mine, the guests there were Astoria's sister, some of work colleges and friends but I didn't see or parents."
"T...That's horrible, I don't care if they're at work they should of come" expressed Al.
"I probably shouldn't tell you this, but even though your parents are civil with Draco and Astoria, they were never really that friendly with them, to be honest when you guys were little they could be quite rude to Draco and Astoria" said Neville.
"That's not right, Draco and Astoria have treated me 10 times better than both my parents have" said Al.
"I can't believe they come today."
"I think this was one step to far" said Neville.
"They're getting worst all the time" sighed Al.
"Are they alright to you" asked Neville.
"Not really if anything they're worst to me, not to sound like some moaning teen but I'm pretty disappointing compared to Lil and J." Replied Al.
"I'm sure your not" said Neville.
"In there eyes I am" sighed Al.
"Were back now." We got out and rushed inside as sky tumbled down with rain. Me and Al got on to the couch in front room while Scorpius tried to scamper upstairs.
"Scorpius don't go upstairs, it's only going to make you feel worst, sit down with Al and Ti in the front room, I'll make you hot chocolate" assured Draco.
"But..." started Scorpius.
"Come on Scorps I've got a warm blanket here" called Al.
"Thank you" said Scorpius joining us on couch.
"Things will get better"
"We will always be here for you" said Al.
"Scorpius if you ever need an adult to talk to at school, feel free to talk to me, what ever you say will stay between us" said Neville levitating cups of hot in the air.
"Thank you" replied Scorpius.
"Also Al if you have any problems with your dad just tell me and I'll sort it out" said Neville.
"Cheers" said Al.
"Drink some hot chocolate it'll make you feel better" said Neville.
"It's the extra chocolaty kind."
We spent the rest of night comforting Scorpius and trying to make him feel as comfortable as possible.
Albus's P.O.V:
I'm trying my best to stay as positive as I can in front of Scorpius, it's not easy. Us three have to go back to school today, I don't think Scorpius is quite ready yet but it might distract him, me and Ti will look after him.
"Al are you still awake" whispered Scorpius.
"Yup"
"What time is it" he asked.
"Ummm, four AM."
"Arrr, I really don't want to go back today" sighed Scorpius.
"It'll be finnnne, you know me an Ti will look after you!"
"Why is life like this" said Scorpius.
"Why is anything like this, I guess you just have to role with things and hope something good happens."
"I love your little sayings" replied Scorpius. We began to get ready and pack up to use up time.
"What time is it now."
"Six, Ti's probably gonna burst in here soon" replied Scorpius.
"Well lets seize the moment and have an conversation now."
"You know your eyes look really nice first thing in the morning" said Scorpius.
"As do yours, come and sit closer you look cold."
"It's cute how caring you are." he said shuffling very close to me.
"That's because I have someone cute to care about."
"You are the thing that has kept me going the last couple weeks" said Scorpius.
"Your worth so much love, your so pure and deserve so much more than life gives you."
"Well life has given me you and that's more than I deserve" replied Scorpius, running his hand along my jaw line and then through my hair.
"You have a looks and heart or of a god." I sighed stroking his perfect locks of hair with my finger tips.
"If only time could pause and we could stay in this moment forever" he sighed.
"So I could stair into the baby blue sapphire abyss which is your eyes."
"And feel the warmth of your hands in mine" smiled Scorpius, intertwining his fingers with mine, clinging on to my hands like he never wanted to let me go.
"And to gaze upon your impeccable features"
"And to feel your lushes lips against mine" replied Scorpius guiding our hands to my cheek as we glared longingly into each others eyes. We moved our heads slowly closer till our noses were nearly touching, I could feel his warm breath trickle along my chin and then...
"Breakfast is ready!" Shouted Ti swinging open the door. ARG DAM YOU TI! "Um... Am I interrupting anything"
"It wouldn't hurt to knock."
"Well breakfast is ready, so come down we need to leave for school soon too, also well done for packing and getting changed" she replied.
Ti's P.O.V:
Well I shall not question what I just saw, they were probably just having conversation. with their faces touching and their hands holding.
In all honesty I want to go back to school so badly, I need to be around people; don't get me wrong I love being alone but not for weeks, yeah I'm sad but life goes on and not to be rude but I'm tired of waiting on Al and Scorpius who give me no appreciation, I don't expect much back from them because they're going through a lot but it would be nice to not be treated like my feelings don't exist. Also I'm probably behind on a lot of school stuff now and I'm current not meeting my academic target so having this time off probably hasn't helped.
"How are we getting to school today?"
"I'm not sure I could either drive you there or we can take the platform seven and a half train" replied Neville.
"The train would be quicker, but it'll also be quite crowded today, I think the car would better."
"Ok, the car it is, hurry up boys we're leaving now" said Neville as Al and Scorpius walked down.
"Ti can hold this bag" asked Al and Scorpius.
"Well you have four arms between you I'm sure you'll manage." that felt good.
We headed out into the nippy breeze of the morning, there was still residue of snow along the path, we walked to the car loaded it up.
"You wanna sit in the front Ti?" Asked Neville.
"Yes please." I am more than happy to sit front; for one I'm going try and get a little space from Al and Scorpius at school and I think they may need a little privacy.
"Well let's get rock and rolling" announced Neville starting up the car. Neville is such a dad.
I really don't know what to do with Al and Scorpius, one hand I really want to support them, make sure they feel good, be there for them constantly; on the other hand I do, do a lot for them, I do most of there home work, tidy stuff for them and they do need to start doing that stuff them selves, I dread to think what would happen if I wasn't around. They are really reliant on me and I don't really get any sort of thanks for it (not that I expect it), a lot of the time they treat me like I'm some magical being who will just appear when they want stuff.
"Omg those horses are peng" pointed out Neville as we drove past a farm.
"I can't even" replied Al with a discussed look on his face. Ahhh Al and Scorpius's faces are priceless!
"Disgusting" said Scorpius.
"Don't you mean DISCOSTANG."
"R.i.p vine" said Al.
The rest of the ride was pretty mundane, I spent most of it listing panic at the disco and emo rock music.
"You have arrived at you destination" said Neville
"I smell dinner" said Al.
"I do with some food" replied Neville. With out a second thought I grabbed my stuff and bolted to the doors.
"Hold yo horses, let me take your stuff" panted Neville.
"Thanks."
"Ti, for once you are more excited about food me!" Said Al. We walked into to hall and to the Hufflepuff table, luckily we didn't make to much of a scene as most people were coming in the hall now too. I found a spot on the table and sat next to Venus.
"Ti!" Exclaimed Venus.
"Ve!"
"I've missed you!" She smiled. Dam she has a cute smile.
"I've missed you too, you are literally the only female person I've spoken to for like 2 weeks!"
"How did you survive" she giggled.
"Honestly I'm wondering that my self."
"You need to eat up today, you're looking awfully frail" said Ve.
"I know." So I dug into my meal having great deal more than usual. Once Ve and I had our dinner we promptly headed up to our dorms.
"I want to let you know, you can always talk to me" comforted Ve, sitting at the end of my bed.
"Thanks, things aren't gonna be easy, but with seeing you everyday will help."
"Seeing you will be just as much a pleasure for me too" She whispered. Ve and I spent the rest of night having some light conversation and eating some blueberry muffins with rainbow jam inside she had made earlier on.
I don't know what it is about Venus but there's something about her, I feel like we click, I feel calm when I'm around her. Also she's so goddamn pretty.