First night at Hogwarts

Now we all felt a bit ill from all the pudding we just consumed, so we stopped eating and attempted talked to each other and other Hufflepuffs for a bit, until Mcgonagall announced...
"First years follow your prefects and junior leaders to your dormitories and enjoy your first night at Hogwarts!"
"Hufflepuffs this way!" Called Ted and Louis, signaling us towards us. We followed then into an archway-door, near to where my dad told me the kitchen is, then we went down a narrow corridor until we reached a thick pile of barrels.
"Ok; so this is the entrance to the Hufflepuff dorm and now listen to Louis very carefully" said Ted firmly.
"So, to get into the dorm you have to tap the tune of oranges and lemons on to the middle barrel with your wand" Louis slowly articulated.
"Scorpius do you want to do the honours" Ted smiled, ushering him towards the front.
"O...Okay" he mumbled, shuffling forward. Awkwardly, he tapped the barrels while humming the tune.
Suddenly, the barrels parted to the sides causing everyone to erupt in cheer! Promptly, everyone charged into the room, and discrintigrated across the room. Instantly I looked up to see the stars outside of the slim windows, which were situated near the ceiling, across the room many drooping green plants are placed upon high shelves. Then, on the floor is a large, fluffy, yellow carpet, which spread across the area of the room, then there is about five yellow-leather couches completed with yellow fluffy badger pillows, also there as three tall yellow-yarn arm chairs, draped with large tartan blankets and at the sides of the room, tall, sunset-colored bookshelves stood, filled with many novels, non-fics, textbooks lean against the light mustard coloured walls. The whole room gives of an ambiance of warmth, peace and comfort.
"Ok, first year girls, to get to your dorm, go to the door on the right, then go into first door on your right," Louis informed.
"first year boys, to get to your dorm, go to the door on your left, then first door on your right. We would like it if you all stayed inside for the rest of the night please, also each night we expect you be in the common room by nine O'clock or face the wrath of Filch." Ted chuckled.
"Not that he has any" someone muttered from the back of the huddle.
"It's 8 O'clock now, so you have an hour to do want in the common room and dorms before you need to be in bed, preferably. You can go down for breakfast from 6.30 till 8.30 and your first lesson will start at 8.45, which is Herbology with Professor Longbottom and the first year Slytherins. I will be escorting you to lessons so don't worry about getting lost. My name is Mary Bones by the way, hope you have a good night" She announced. Once she had said this everyone spread across the room, scouting there friends out.
"Sup, I'm Zack Burns!" He swagged. Zack's average height, with electric blue emo hair, black eyes, pale skin, bullet ear piercing and a black spike nose piercing.
"Sup" Al replied, desperately trying to sound cool.
"I can't wait to meet my roomies, Albee and Scorpion king!" Winked Zack.
"Yeah, you too" Al whimpered, fiddling with his hair.
"Hey I'm Patrick, but you guys can call me Ricky" said Ricky , jumping into the conversation.
There are nine first year Hufflepuff students: six boys and three girls. The other two boys are, Valen Blom, a tall boy with short wavy golden hair and blue gray eyes and Garret O'Callaghan an average height boy, straight brown mop like hair, lots of freckles and hazel eyes.
Garrett bounced over to us, with Valen cautiously trailing behind him.
"Hi I'm Valen" he whispered, almost hiding behind Garrett.
"Hey! I'm Garrett but you can call me Rett!" He smiled, trying to erge Valen in front of him.
In the corner there are two other girls, awkwardly standing together trying to socialize.
"Hey guys, we should go over and talk to the girls." I asked, Strolling over to them, hoping the others would follow me.
"Hey guys" welcomed a tall, big built girl with hip length wispy brown hair, hazel eyes and chocolaty toned skin, her name is Meredith McFarry
"Hello, my fellow housemates" Said Venus Macchio in her thick Spanish accent. She's an average height latina girl, with long dark black hair in a loose bun and strong, glowing grey eyes.
"I heard there is a baking contest this year, are any of you going to enter?" Valen asked
"Definitely! Baking is my one talent!" Venus triumphed, "Do you want some cookies I made?" she questioned, pulling a large, old Jacob's biscuit tin out her satchel.
Giddily everyone jumped to the situation and said yes, so she passed one out to each person. They were charmed so they were shifting, holographic, rainbow colored and had small star sprinkles.
"Oh my gosh they taste like joy!"
"Thank you!" Venus giggled.
"You'll win for sure Ve!" Al Grumbled, shoving the rest of the cookie in his mouth.
"Definitely!" the others agreed, spluttering crumbs everywhere.
"It's lovely here, so bright, so beautiful. I just love it at Hogwarts and Hufflepuff and you guys, you guys are just swell!" Scorpius smiled. When Scorpius smiles he lights up the room, he's a little ball of sunshine. I adore seeing him like this.
Joyfully Scorpius wraps his arms round me and Al leaning in for a quick embrace. As the night went on we sat and chatted to each other, looked at books, and shared spells, by the homely fireplace.
After a while, what looked like a third year, girl came from the dorms and alerted...
"First years just to let you know you should probably go to you dorms soon, it's getting let and we don't want to get Mary worked up! Hope you have a good night!"
"Well, guess i'll see you two tomorrow then" Al and Scorpius shrugged.
"Yeah, hope the night goes well for you Ti" Al comforted.
"Yeah, hope you sleep well." Scorpius nodded. I really hope I do too; I have a lot of trouble sleeping and I often wake up in night. Al and Scorpius know about this, at least all the girls are in the room so I'll probably, hopefully, be alright.
"You too guys. Well see you tomorrow."
I walked of into the dorm with the other two girls. The carpet is the same as the one in the common room and the windows are near the ceiling like the windows in the common room, on randomly placed ledges on the wall, plant pots sit overflowing with ivy, round the room is a long shelf holding old dusty books and black dotted, yellow ceramic pots full of paint brushes and stationary, the walls are a light mustard colour with a large badger drawing on one of the walls with the traits of Hufflepuff printed around it, the beds have, yellow mattresses covered with yellow checked duvets and a yellow velvet sheet neatly placed on top, then the pillows are soft and puffy and have a sunset colour to them, on top of the pillows lay small heart shaped chocolates, the beds are four post and have black and yellow curtains with large tassels drooping over the side. At the end of the beds are our trunks, when we got of the train and got sorted they were transported to our dorms at the end of our beds. My bed was the on the right side near the a window.
"This is so pretty!" Venus sighed in awe, skimming her along the window sill.
"Yeah it's so aesthetically pleasing!"
"The beds are soooo comfy" said Meredith, face planting into her pillow.
"I love the ivy" Venus pointed, pulling a small succulent out her suitcase and then placing it next to one of the ceramic pots.
"mmm these little chocolates are lovely
"We should get to bed now." Meredith suggested.
"yeah probably" Ve giggled. Wow she has a really adorable laugh.
"We should probably get change into our pajamas."
"Thanks for reminding me I was about to go to bed in my robes!" Meredith laughed. So we got changed into our Pajamas, Meredith has a baggy, fluffy, purple unicorn onesie, Venus has golden snitch pjs and I have fluffy rainbow pajamas. After we got changed we curled up in our beds all burned and worn out.
"Nox!" I casted, which made the yellow material table lamps beside our beds dim. Swiftly, the room gained a silence and we slowly drifted of...