Hogwarts Halloween

(The 31th of October)
I can't wait for tonight! It's Halloween today and it's safe to say I have a bit of a sweet tooth! According to my cousins Halloween here is the best.
The prefects are throwing a huge Halloween party in the great hall tonight! I'm going to dress up as a leaf fairy. I've been working on my makeup all weekend, there will be prizes and house points given to: Most creative(male and female), most performance quality(male and female), most effort (male and female), best colored(male and female), most fancy(male and female) and overall best dressed, first, second, third place.
We have been allowed to use the tech-styles room over the past couple weeks to make our costumes, there are usually older students in there to help. Every year before this my aunt Fleur has always made my costume for me, but this year I've really put in effort to make it myself.
Although it's Halloween I still had to go to lessons, but seeing as it is Halloween lessons were rather interesting... Professor Winston taught us a spell to quickly carve a pumpkin, Hagrid let us play with with Pigmypuff-bats, minuscule sphere shaped creatures covered in coat of fluffy black fur with petite black wings on their backs, professor Mcgonagall (the transfiguration teacher, a tall aging woman with life-full eyes, dressed very formally) let us transfigure bowls of beans to jelly beans. Slughorn (the potions teacher, a very elderly man, well dressed and full of wisdom), got us all to make sweetener serum And finally Harry taught us how to deactivate a jack-o-lantern gone bad. I do have to admit however annoying and cringy Harry may be, he definitely knows how to teach.
As the day grew closer to eve I added finishing touches to my costume and layed all my accessories and out upon my bed.
Great the party starts in an hour... Great, definitely enough time... Arrr...
Without a second thought, I put on the dress, it has a black lace petticoat and a green torso, with real leaves on it. I painted vines and leaves on my legs, arms and face, then I put on a pair of green sparkly party shoes, put on wings that ignited with (harmless) green flames when I twirled round, I put my hair up into bun and placed a leaf layered hair band around it and bewitched my hair so it had green streaks running through it; for my makeup I put on green shimmery morphe eyeshadow, powered my cheeks with green shimmer dust and covered my lips in green mint Jeffree Star lipstick. Finally I added a tube of glitter over my body and hair.
Wow four minutes to spare, how on earth. Wow, I actually look decent! Definitely not overboard, what can I say I'm just a little extra
For about five minutes I got comfy in the common room watching people leave to go the party in all different costumes; such as someone in a Gandalf costume, someone in full body wolf costume, until Al and Scorpius came came through the door; Al dressed as baby Groot from guardians of the galaxy v2 and Scorpius dressed up as a Edward Cullen.
"You two look good!"
"Coming from you!" Smiled Scorpius.
"Your makeup is on point!" Al gasped.
"Thank you. Let's go! Let's go!"
Promptly, We scurried down to the great hall, passing through the halls which were ripe with ghosts and spiders.
As we arrived at the great hall we were welcomed in by two prefects dress up as cowgirls. We entered the door to see the hall full of pumpkins, large candles and tables with bowls full of sweets and jugs full of oddly coloured juice which was seamingly glowing.
"So much for being healthy!" Shouted Al.
"Who cares about being healthy it's Halloween."
"Let's feast!" Scorpius cheared. Without a second thought, Al, Scorpius and I raced to the food tables, digging our hands into the bowls of colourful assortments. My fingers latched around a small oblong sweet wrapped in purple foil. I unwrapped it to find a chocolate and soon as I plopped it into my mouth there was a small explosion of flavour, literally!
Once the three of us managed to get through the many truffles, toffees and treacle tarts situated on table, I poured myself a cup of the red opaque drink, into my complementary skull cup.
"Ooo, pomegranate! And strawberry!"
"The green one tastes like cucumber and pear..." Al moaned, screwing his face up.
"Chocolate is my kryptonite!" Scorpius hummed, chowing on a purple toffee.
Together we ate almost half a bowl of sweets, Probably more since the bowl refills every five minutes.
I think everyone is here now, lot's of first years have really good costumes; the competition will certainly be tight.
I look around to see Louis in an exquisitely, hand made/tailored lord of the rings elf costume; consisting of a golden tunic, masked by an ankle length, mossy shaded leather jacket, on his back is a trailing, grassy coloured cape with a vine like embroidery pattern sewn across it. Louis and his siblings always have delightful clothes considering their mother/my aunt has her own clothing line! To the side of Louis is My other cousin Lucy who's in a shredded MCR shirt.
As the night went on more and more people flooded into the hall in all sorts of costumes, some came as animals some came as book characters, some came a monsters; to Al's dismay one or two people came as Harry...
"Is he serious... Of course it's J.S... Fred too!" Al winned, rolling his eyes.
"Hello Albie-kins!" J.S mocked, as he strutted past us with Fred, both of then dressed as Harry.
"Just because you dressed as Dad doesn't mean Mona Markus will start to like you" Al remarked, gesturing towards a tall fourth year girl, with long afro hair tied up in a topknot, mixed skin tonne and a beautiful figure paraded in trailing, inky, cerulean ball gown.
"I was aiming for her brother, but if you say so" J.S replied, swaggering off to the group of forth years Mona was with.
After J.S and Fred wondered of we went over to the right hand corner of the hall, were a group of prefects are running a bunch of games; immediately Al scurried over to the pin the tentacle on the squid challenge (a game consisting of a large blue board with an ominous large squid painted on it and a separate worm like cardboard cutout of a tentacle with a stick and pull charm on it). Scorpius and I went over to two prefects dressed as glassy eyed dolls who were running a guess the name of the pygmy-puff competition (a competition where there's a long list of name and choose the right one you win it).
"Hmm it looks like a Colin" Scorpius pondered, choosing the name
"I'm putting my bets on Gertrude."
"Thank you, we'll announce the winner at the end" the prefect, smiled.
"Attention please!" Professor McGonagall projected, tapping her glass. "If you wish to participate in the costume competition please get in a line and if not go to the sides to create a catwalk, there will be prizes and house points given to winners of each category, for each category there will be a male and female winner from each year" Mcgonagall announced. This dress took forever to make I hope everyone likes it. Without hesitation Al and I got into the line and with a bit of encouragement Scorpius joined us. Even through Scorpius get stage fright he loves performing.
"First years first!" said McGonagall. First to go is Venus, dressed up as the literal planet Venus;! Then was Ansel was dressed as a black cat, followed by Richie and Kato (Identical Slytherin twins, both short, have dark skin and short curly hair) wore black sequined suits, next Meredith suited up as a cat, after her Nora who decorated her wheelchair like a dragon. A fair few more headed down, then the line thinned it was Scorpius's turn.
Without a second thought, he walked down centre hall for all to adore (he couldn't even pretend he didn't like everyone staring at him), flowing Scorpius was Al, who strutted along the walkway with a fist full of swagger, I have a feeling he just got a costume just so he could do the catwalk!
I guess it's my turn now... I skipped down the hall and put a twirl and a spin in every step and a little wink here and there then to finish I do a elegant twirl creating a circle of green fire light around me spurting from my wings; immediately people cheered and clapped with astonishment. Wow the fire charm actually worked. I think I did a good job. Hopefully...
"Now you will be given 10 minutes to vote!" Said Mcgonagall, quickly everyone scurried over to a table of boxes.
once the boxes had been filled with votes a cluster of envelopes appeared in Mcgonagall's hand and she began to announce the winners for first year!
"Most creative, Venus and caleb!" She said. Caleb came dress as the sram painting.
"Best performance, Albus and Paris!" Wow really couldn't have guessed that Paris dressed up as an anime character.
"Most effort, Winnie and Garrett!" Winnie Kingston, a Gryffindor girl who has long black hair and dark eyes, dressed up as a jigsaw set and Rhett dressed up as a chocolate frog, he scented it and everything.
"Best colored, Anastasia and Trisha!" They did a joint costume and came as a rainbow caterpillar.
"Most fancy, Ricky and Davis!" They both came as zombies in suits.
"OK this is the big moment we will be awarding third, second, and first overall best!" Well many hours of hard labour gone to waste I have little faith in me winning anything now.
"In third place is... Valen!" Valencame as a yellow pygmy puff. Yep I probably haven't won anything.
"In 2nd place is Laura!" Laura Woolen, an average height girl with long brown hair and blue eyes, came in the blue butterfly dress from the cinderella film(2015) which she hand made! Definitely not won any thing
"Finally in 1st place is.........................................................................................................................Titania!" Well... my little faith in winner was indeed correct! Then with a smile Mcgonagall handed me a large gold pumpkin shaped trophy with:
first place winner
Titania Granger-Weasley.
Carved on it, it looks really nice! I guess that fire charm really played out!
"Congrats Ti" Al smile removing his Groot mask; revealing his tomato shaded, sweat ridden face.
"To you to!"
"You both did amazing; you deserve it you look stunning!"Scorpius.
"Sorry you didn't win anything" Al frown.
"Na don't worry! I just came for the food!" Scorpius giggle, scooping up a handful of popping fudge.
Tonight really lived up to all the stories my cousins told. Can't wait for next year!