An amazing production

A/N: Well fuck, if you made it this far, I'm so sorry. This is the last chapter I ever wrote, it's been quite the journey. Just to put I out there this really doesn't reflect my writting abilities now, I have 5 pieces of my writting published in real life and this was just stepping stone on my way to doing something better.

"MMM" hummed Al, shoving an entire slice of carrot cake in his mouth. Don't we all eat carrot cake to make us feel less guilty for eating cake
"Oh my gosh Al, will you cut up your food."
"Hmm, let me thi... Nope" he sighed. As much as I love Al, it wouldn't kill him to eat properly.
"Guys we've got post" said Scorpius.
"Cheers Wig-head" laughed Al, taking the letter out of his owl's claw.
"Who is's for?"
"For us three, Ted and Louis" read Scorpius.
"What for me" asked Ted, swooping over me.
"It's a letter for us, can you call Louis over"
"Hey Lou, come over here"
"We've got a letter, from someone" Said Al to Louis as he hovered next to him.
I tore open the top of the envelop and pulled out the letter to find it was about...
"Twins! Oh what fun" erupted Fred Sarcastically from his table.
"Well I think it's safe to say that aunt Angelina had her baby... Well babies."
"The letter says their names are Valentina and Diablo" announced Scorpius.
"Aww they look so cute" cooed Al, pointing at the picture at the bottom of the picture.
"That makes fourteen of us" chuckled Louis.
"Two of them!" Moaned Fred again.
"Practice for you and Ted" winked Molly.
"Oh shut up" laughed Vicky. After we all read the letter, we proceed to finish breakfast.
"Morning announcements! The drama club for first years will be starting up again, so if you'd be interested in joining go there first period. Also will who ever it is putting photos of Fred W over the school, please stop or face detention" projected McGonagall, scowling at J.
"Why are you look looking at me! Offended!" Sassed J. Pulling a shocked face
"Are you joining" asked Ve.
"Obviously!"
"Come on Scorpius, you've got to join!" Begged Al. Al acts like a little puppy sometimes.
"I don't like being in front of people" replied Scorpius, putting his face in his hand. I hate went Scorpius doubts himself, I know for a fact he loves performing, he just doesn't believe he's good enough and he get's all nervous.
"Well at least come for moral support"
"You're coming weather you like it or not" firmed Al, grasping Scorpius by the wrist and dragging him out his seat.
"Come on guys we're gonna be late" Twitched Ve, wriggling out her seat.
"You can go head, there's something I need to ask the boys." I said, as Ve eagerly scatted off joining Meredith and a group of Ravenclaws.
"Oh no, what is it" whined Al, rolling his eyes and slowing down to keep us out of ear shot.
"What have we done now" laughed Scorpius.
"Well... So I've noticed that the two of you have been getting rather close, and I was just well... wondering if I... Interrupted something, when I came into your room to get you to go back to school that time..."
"It was nothing!" Burst Scorpius.
"Are you sure, you know I won't tell anyone?"
"Honestly, it was nothing!" Snarled Scorpius, shuffling away from Al.
"Well, if you wanna talk to me, please do!"
"Oh why don't you just marry her now" Al mumbled, barging between us and into the drama studio.
"Is he alright, did you have an argument with him?"
"As we both said, it's nothing" puffed Scorpius, flicking his wist dramatically and sassing off into the studio. And they say I'm the drama queen.
"Hey Ti, come sit with us" grinned Ve, signaling me over to sit with her and Trisha.
"Silence! Silence everybody!" Projected Professor Norbertson, a tall, slightly wrinkled lady in her fifties, with messy graying hair propped up in a loos, untidy bun. Professor Norbertson, is one of those teachers who's like marmite, you either like her or you don't. She's rather quirky and has a certain buzz to her to her teaching. Personally she's one of my favorite teachers.
"Thank you all for coming here today, I am very pleased with the turn up! Now before we get in to anything my helper Miss. Weasley will give you a quick run down of what will be happening this half term for first year drama." She announced. I thought Vickie would have something to do with the drama club, she stars in a lot of adverts for her mum's brand and other brands also she told me a little while ago that she wants to grow her acting/directing talent so she can start producing adverts for her make up company she's planning to start after she's done her work experience here.
"So as professor said I will be helping her run this years drama groups so if you have any problems or questions please feel free to come speak to me. Now here's the plan for the half term, as tradition we'll be doing a six week wonder, in which we'll pick out a musical and as the name suggests we'll have till end of this term to put it together. There will be weekly rehearsals on Wednesday and Friday Lunches and once we're on week three there'll be rehearsals on Saturdays and period five Tuesday and Thursdays. This rehearsal we will just be picking the show and going through some of script/songs as a group, then on Friday's rehearsal we will start auditions, I'll tell you more about the auditions later on. I know this will hard work but I can tell you all seem eager and I know this takes up a lot of your free time, but that's theater for you and if you don't want to commit to all of that time I don't recommend auditioning for a principal role as they will probably have even more rehearsals. One more thing I want to remind you all is that professor and I don't care if you can't do every thing perfectly or your bit nervous, because this group is here to teach you and to hopefully build your confidence. At the end of the day we're all here just to have a good time!" Beamed Victorie, looking happily at everyone.
"That was amazing Vicky, your doing great! Now it's time to see what show we'll be doing, even I don't know, Vicky picked it out for us so I have no doubt it'll be good one!" Professor Norbertson triumphantly announced.
"Ti! Do you want to reveal the show" Vicky smiled, waving an envelope in which I presume has the name of show in. Wow Vicky, putting me on the spot much.
"Why not" I laughed nervously, walking up to the front. For Dumbledore's sake let this be a decent show.
"Drum roll everybody!" Bellowed the professor.
"Open it! Open it! OPEN IT! OPEN IT!" Chanted every one beginning a drum roll. People say sporty people are the loudest, but you don't no loud until your in a room full of excited thespians.
"And it is..." I stuttered, tearing open the envelope to pull put a miniature, folded piece of paper. Ok, I'm going to unfold it, no pressure, it can't be that bad, I'll only disappoint a room full over excited and hyper teens if it's a bad one... "The 1950's production of... GUYS AND DOLLS!" I announced, reading of the piece of now unfolded paper. Wow guys and dolls, I definitely didn't expect that, I didn't even know Vicky liked Guys and dolls, I would have though she'd choose something like Annie or The Wizard Of Oz. Even though I didn't expect it, I'm presently surprised, I'm quite fond of guys of dolls, even if it does have rather old fashion motives and plot points, the characters are buzzy and interesting. Also the sound track to this musical is phenomenal, luck be a lady a lady is a classic and all the songs sung by Adeline are amazing. Everyone seems to be relatively happy with guys and dolls no one looks disappointed.
"Well I'm quiet delighted with guy's and doll's, energetic characters, vibrant sound track, fair amount good ensemble characters, overall it shall be a marvelous show!" She Chuffed, looking rather happy with the news.
"Ah yes! Guys and Dolls, I love that show!" said various people across the room beginning to erupt into chatter.
"Ok before we get into disusing the show, Vicky will go other the audition process, so you know what to do on Friday" She announced, directing our attention the Vicky. Oh gosh, aren't auditions just the greatest, such fun...
"As you know for every production choosing people to play principle story tellers is always a hard process and to make that process a bit easier for us we will hold auditions on Friday. For the auditions we want you to do three things. Number one, you will have to perform a mono log from the character you wish to play, you do not have to know it off by heart. Number two, you will have to sing a song from your chosen character and number three in small groups you will perform a dance routine which we will give you on the day. For this audition we are not so much looking for who can act, sing, dance the best, but more for who put the best performance, expression and energy into it. So don't worry if your not a perfect triple threat, just put effort into it! Also even if you don't want to be a principle character we would still like you to audition to get an idea of you to see what part of show you would be best placed in" Vicky explained.
"Very well explained Vicky! Now can um... Valen and Garret pass the scrips out please" said the professor passing them a large pile of colour full scrips with dices and cards painted on the front.
Once they were all handed out every one began flicking threw the scrips and talking about what songs the like, the characters they want to play and the things they want to do for the auditions.
"Ok before we look any of the songs we need to go over the characters! First of there is the good willed bright eyes Sarah brown, a woman who spend her time spreading the the words of god, she is prim, proper, uptight and a general do-good-er. She is a Soprano and her main song is if I was a bell. Then there is the miss leaded yet goodhearted Nathan Detroit, the scheming gambler who wants to win the heart of Sarah Brown. He is Baritone and his main song is oldest establishment. Next is the sassy star Miss Adelaide, who lives the life of a performer but wants nothing more than to marry her fiancee Sky Masterson. She is an Alto and her main song is Adelaide's lament. Last of the main four principals is the risk-taking yet charming Sky Masterson who has to choice between his life of gambling and his fiancee Miss Adelaide. He is a baritone and his main song is luck be a lady. " Vicky explained, going on to talk about the more miner principles, the backing characters and the ensemble groups (gamblers, ministries and hot box dancers).
"I'd love to play Adelaide." She's sassy, energetic, her songs are entertaining too. "What part do you want Ve?"
"Maybe Sarah, but that's aiming a bit high for me" said Ve, flicking through her script to find all of Sarah's songs and scenes.
"Don't be silly, you'd be great as Sarah, your so sweet and you have the right personality for it! Plus you have a really nice voice, it's really soothing actually."
"You'd make and amazing Adelaide too! Also how do you know what my voice sounds like" she giggled, continuing to flick though the script.
"In your sleep, you sing, a lot and I sometimes wake up randomly in the middle of the the night and I am almost always greeted with the sound of you singing, which is a lot better than sitting in silence." gosh that make me sound like such a stalker. Aren't I just the peak of socialization.
"I did not know I did that! And we wonder why Meredith spends most nights with the Ravenclaws" she laughed.
As the rehearsals went on, people chose their audition pieces and as a group we began to go through the songs and scenes giving everybody some practice and ideas for the auditions.
"Ok, well done everyone, we made an amazing start today! Please prepare for auditions on Friday, please practice but don't stress or get your self into a worry, we are all in the same boat so help each other and be prepared!" Announced the Professor, looking rather proud with everything.
"What song are going to do for your audition?" I asked, hurrying to catch Al.
"Well I wouldn't mind playing Nicely-Nicely Johnson, so I'll probably give sit down you're rocking the boat a go" he pondered, looking at song in his script. "Ooo good choice the part would really suit your voice and personality! So do you know what part Scorpius wants?"
"He went off before I could ask..." He frowned, slowly turning his facial expression to something rather droopy. Oh great something's got to be up. "What's happened, I know that face and tonne, you always do it when somethings up!"
"It's nothing to worry about... It's just Scorpius and I had a little falling out..." He sighed, fiddling with his scrip.
"What happened... Spill the tea sister." Arrr I hate when Al and Scorpius fall out, they both are such drama queens, so bloody emotional, it's always over the stupidest things! "He's been ignoring me all morning!" Raged Al, squinting his eyes.
"Do you think it's something to do with the thing I said this morning..."
"Yeah I think so... It's not your fault though, it's just what happened that morning, well it meant something too me, we got so close before his mum died, I was so worried about him the whole time, all I want is for him to feel happy and it kills me when too think he's sad about something and it all also kills me to think I've made him sad and not even really sure why!" Cried Scorpius, venting out all his emotions, I can tell he's missing the old Scorpius, we all miss the old Scorpius, me, Al, Rett, Valen, Ricky the list could go on, his anxiety has gotten so bad, his confidence has completely dropped, before all this happened he was slowly getting more social and he was finely in a good place.
"Maybe doing this production will distract him, hopefully it'll bring him out his shell a little."
"Hopefully..." Al sighed.
After making further small about the play, Al and I went back to the common room to practice are pieces. "Hey, are you two practicing too" Venus asked.
"Yeah, we can practice together and go through some scenes with you"
"We'll join you if that's alright?" Rett asked, walking our from the dormitories with Valen trailing out behind him.
"Before we start I'll just get Davis, he can play the piano, he's in the the dorm with Ricky" Valen announced. Once he got Davis we went through all are audition pieces. Luckily most of us aren't auditioning for the same characters, unfortunately Al and Rett are both looking to land the role of nicely-nicely Johnson, it doesn't help they're both very strong singers.
"You were really good back there."
"You certainly put emotion into your voice" Ve replied, following me into the dorm.
"Your voice can definitely hit high notes it's really pretty, it really suits the part!" We went on to each other for ages complementing and giving improvements. I really hope she get's the part, she deserves it.
I should probably go see how Scorpius is doing, I knew something like this would happen and really hasn't helped that I've kept my distance recently, I guess I thought I should give them some space to get close again, but it's just made there relationship worst.
"Hey Ti..." Scorpius sighed, rolling his eyes. That sass. THAT SASS! Ok something's definitely up. Is it bad that I kind of find this funny, he's a drama queen. "So how are you, what's up, what's swinging." Ok I'm better at talking to Al.
"Let me guess this is about Al and I don't want too talk about it..." He pouted. With Al he let's it all out, with Scorpius you have to slowly pull it out. "Well do you want to talk about the show, or any thing we haven't had a proper chat in a while." Ok I going to build things up between us first. "Well I don't particularly want a large part, so I'm just going to sing follow the fold and do one of Sarah's Monologues" said Scorpius.
"Yeah that'll go well with your voice, you really should go for a larger part your voice is amazing and hell you can preform!"
"I would, but non off the male parts are in my voice range and I would go for a female part but there's to much competition for those, also my anxiety has been really bad recently" he replied.
"Well I'm going to make sure you feel better, and you have an amazing audition!"
"Thanks, I really doubt I'll do any good but, I want to get better and wouldn't mind being with you a little more" he blushed. Oh. OH! No. No No. He's probably just flushed, it's just the heat. "Well I should be off now, I'll catch up with you tomorrow." Ok I do not need to mixed in this mess and get between Al and Scorpius.
Shows either bring people together or start world war two hopefully this will bring Al and Scorpius closer together.
Over the next few days I continuously went back and forth between Al and Scorpius, helping them prepare. I have attempted to get them to do some practice together but they need some space. I also tried to get Scorpius to come to a group practice but he wasn't up to it, I really hope he can get him self on stage for the audition. I spent a little time preparing with Venus, I wish I'd spent more time with her, I love her voice, not just her singing, I could just sit a listen to her for ages.
"Hey Ti, we can squeeze in a quick practice before the audition if you want" Ve asked.
"I'd love to!"
"So tell me, at what points do I put expression in" asked Ve, fiddling with her hair and flicking to the If I was A Bell lyrics in her in the script. "Ok well really put a harness to the if I was bits. So say it like if i gate I'd be SWINGING, if i was a bell I'd be RINGING, well you get the point."
"Thanks it helps, but I've wasted your time, I know I'm just going to mess this up and make myself look stupid and everyone's going to think I'm stupid and..." She went off, vigorously running her hands through her hair and slowly going red. "Stop. Stop. Stop! You will be amazing and don't for a second say you won't because you honestly sound amazing, you can preform amazingly, it's to late now to doubt yourself!"
"Ah, what would I do with out you!" She smiled, leaning into me and giving me a long loving embrace. Oh my gosh she's so warm! And soft! "I could ask the same thing to you"
We quickly skimmed though our pieces and we were just about ready to go and...
"Scorpius just threw up in the bathroom" Zach exclaimed, busting into the room.
"I'll meet you in the studio. I'm sorry I need to go help him."
"Please go, I'll be fine" said Ve, reassuring me. Arrr the auditions start in twenty minuets. Scorpius, you are such a worry sometimes. "Umm follow me, I don't know..." Zach sighed. Wow aren't you responsive. Zach lead me into the Hufflepuff boy's toilets. "Hey Scorpius... It's Ti, can you come out..."
"Umm I'm gonna go now..." Zach droned, heading towards the door.
"Ok then you little ray of sunshine."
"Hey Ti, It's just my nerves" Scorpius whispered, slowly emerging out from his toilet stall, rubbing over his bloodshot puffy eyes. "Oh gosh, you've put in so much work for this please don't give up now."
"You don't get what it's like, I just can't do, I really can't..." He cried, clenching his twitching fists while beginning to breath healthily. "Trust he Scorpius you can, I've watched you act, heard you sing and I know for a fact you can preform, you don't get to do photo shoots for the sake of it, you have pzazz and swag don't waste it!"
"It's not that easy! Sometimes there are some things I find so hard do and It's not as easy as just pulling your self together, it's like I can't physically do something" he replied.
"What kind of things?"
"Stupid things, like asking people for things or just generally being social. I get all panicked, dizzy sometimes like I'm going faint or be sick" he sighed.
"Oh, I'm so sorry I really shouldn't have been so insensitive... You don't have to do it if it's going to make you sick."
"I really don't know what to do... I'll come and watch regardless. Let's just go I don't want to be late" Scorpius mumbled, swiftly moving out the toilets. Before things got any worst we went of to the drama studio.
"It Scorpius alright" asked Ve, gesturing me over.
"Not particularly, but I'm not really sure what to do, he's gone over to Valen, so hopefully he'll help him out."
"Welcome all, I hope you are all well prepared. Also don't feel embarrassed when you go up, all that matters is you give it your all" Mrs Norbert announced. Well that's easier said than done!
"Ok I'll call you up one at a time to go up on stage, first you will perform your monologue then you'll perform your song" said Vicky. She read out names one by one, as usual there are a whole lot of people who can sing amazingly but can't act to save there life. Jealous am I. Yes. Yes I am, because singing is a thing your born with acting it a thing you have to learn and work for but you can guess what gets more recognition. Also most of the people who are better at singing, don't perform there song, they don't embrace their character.
"Venus" she called out.
"I don't want to go, I really don't, I know I'm going to mess up and..." Ve panicked. AHHH not you too! Ok, I have too much confidence. I am now the Mum of the group great. "OK! Get up, go up and bedazzle everyone with your fabulousness, trust me you'll regret it if you don't" I prompted, basically pushing her to the stage.
"You'll do great darling" Vicky smiled, turning up the lights. Then, all of a sudden, Ve released all her emotion to perform her monologue and perform she did, she put emphasis on all the right words and put so much feeling in. Why is she so perfect!? Is there any thing she can't do! Arrr she's so amazing.
"Sh...Should I do my... My song now" Ve whimpered, fiddling with her hair.
"Of coarse! Also you did amazing and you will do amazing, be strong, be confident!" Vicky pumped, attempting to boost Ve's confidence.
Slowly, Vicky began to play cords on the large dusty piano in the corner. She singled Ve to sing, but Ve stayed quiet and her hands started to shake. Oh no, oh no, ok come on Ve I know you can do it, you know you can do it.
Suddenly, just as Vicky was about to stop playing; Ve erupted out, singing her song, hitting every note perfectly, making all the words sound emotional and full of heart, her facial expressions were on point and her voice suited the song so beautifully.
As she ended the room burst out to an ferocious, even the other people who were competing for the role looked impressed.
Then before anyone could congratulate her she scampered of the stage and ran over to me. "Ok. Where do I even start! You honestly sound like and angel!"
"Thank you, I couldn't have done it with out you" she blushed; throwing her arms around me and holding me tight. After here a couple names got called out, Valen and Rett being two of them, they both did amazing.
"Albus Potter" Vicky called. Ok at lease I don't need to worry about him being confident, all need is for him not slip up on his singing.
Albus swagged up on to the stage with a butt load of sass and started his monologue. He can act so well, he did his monologue perfectly, not stuttering on single world. Once he had finished, he went on to his song...
He started of alright, but as the song went on his voice cracked a lot, his expression and performance out weighed the mistakes at first but then his nerves got the better of him, he completely stopped singing and awkwardly waddled of stage. Oh no... Well there still hope, at least he did the monologue well.
Again a few more names were called out and then...
"Titania Granger-Weasley." Vicky called out, giving me a large smile and gesturing me on stage. Well what's to loose and if I embarrass no one likes me any way.
I got up on stage, pulled out the the words for my monologue. I began to perform it in a strong New York accent. Went though the whole thing with out messing up on the words and I managed to stay in character very well.
Ok one down, I did decent if I do say so myself. Now I have to sing. Such fun... Ok I'm going to try to get by on song with my limited acting abilities.
"just from waiting around for that plain little band of gold A person can develop a cold." I sung, carrying on with the New York accent. Luckily the song didn't have an awful lot of high note, so I managed to get through the song by just putting as much pizzazz as I could possibly express!
As I ended on some sassy jazz hands, people actually applauded as I walked of stage.
"That went better than expected!"
"Ti, do not doubt your self, even if your main talent isn't singing you can put personality and emotion to to any role and no matter how well you can dance or sing, being able to act and perform it is what makes you stand out. Me, Al and Scorpius haven't been going to you for advice for no reason!" Ve smiled.
"Ok, you are to perfect." I replied. Ve is too pure, this world does not deserve her.
Vicky called couple more people, until she got to the very last name on the list. "Scorpius Malfoy" she announced. Great...
The room went silent, Scorpius didn't move a muscle. "Scorpius" she called again...
"I... I... Can't do it" he quivered, shuffling him self towards towards the corner.
"What about you show me afterwards. Once every one gone" Vicky smiled warmly, attempting to comfort him.
Then before we had a chance to rest she got us all to stand up to warm up to prepare us to do some dancing.
We did some stretches leading into doing some basic moves and actions. She started playing the song bushel and a peck and gave us a step by step for the song. But being as good at dancing as a disabled walrus and having the physical fitness of a mushed potato, I largely flopped at the entire thing.
"Dancing too, how!" I said, swirling round Ve.
"I'm really not, like seriously" Ve replied, rolling her eyes.
"Do not try to be humble, you are fabulous, don't even deny queen!" Before she could say anything else I grasped her hand and took her to the side of the room as every on else started to leave. "I'm sure Scorpius will be all right if we stay and watch him."
Ve and I crept over to the other side of the room next to Vicky's piano as she managed to get Scorpius on stage.
"Calm down, blondie I don't care is you mess up, because you can't mess up you can only do what you can" she pumped. She always used to call Scorpius blondie when he was younger. Vicky turned on the stage lights very dimly so it would feel less pressuring.
Slowly Scorpius began to utter one of Sarah Browns monologues. He got stronger and stronger every word, his inner star was showing and now he started he couldn't stop, his pazzaz was showing! And just as he ended his monologue he glided into his song, yet again his inner glitter exploded, he put his heart into every word and hit all the words perfectly.
"Whop! Whop" Ve shouted, clapping as loud as she could.
"I didn't know you guys were there" Scorpius glared.
"Well I'm glad we where!"
"You three all did astonishing, remember to check the cast list tomorrow" said Professor Norbetson; from the corner.
I am beyond excited, in four words: this will be amazing.