Chapter 4

Aditya called his father.
"We still have not finalized the contract. Maithri has gone to talk with her father."
"So she is still with you?"
"Hmm. We just drank tea."
"And the tea was very sweet just like her? "
Anant teased.
"Yes. Of course."
"Either it is your lucky day. Or Vikram is caught up in something serious. Anyways let the situation play out. How is she with you? Confused, scared, full of attitude.?"
Aditya looked around if anyone was evesdropping.
"Annoyed. Uptight. "
"And you flirty? Unravelling? Fooling around?"
"Lightly. "
"Want to bring it a notch down? "
Aditya chuckled. "Already did. "
"It will helpif you remember you are a good six years older and she is not even twenty."
"Meaning I am the adult here."
"And the contract?"
"That is definitely happening."
"Don't hesitate when the time comes."
"Will call you later. Here they come."
Maithri followed her butler.
"Mr Aditya would you like to step out for some time. We could show you around. Sir is still caught up a bit. "
"Okay. "
"If you are busy with your office work, we can totally understand. If you wish to use your room as your office we won't disturb."

But you coming is definitely disturbing.

"I can't do much here. I will like some fresh air. " He shut down his computer and stood up.

Making most of it mister?

She stood rigid her arms folded accross her chest.

Annoyed again love.
Ignoring it is then.

He crossed both of them and stepped out of the room.
"So where to? "
The butler hissed at Maithri.
"Behave. You are embarrassing the guest. Besides he is a family friend."
He left her resenting. He led Aditya out of the house. Maithri followed them a few feet behind.
"You brought your mobile? " Malhothra halted allowing Maithri to catch up.
"Yes. "
"I have heard you have quite a landscape in Pune Mr Aditya."
"We have land for Industrial purposes. Nothing agricultural. Anyways our places are a feast to the eyes. You should come visit. I will give you a tour too. "
Maithri followed the two quietly. The two went on talking about the fields. There were fields of sugarcane and wheat. There were plantations of the famous Pune figs. They walked on the edge of the wheat crop.
"Woah. " Maithri's left foot sank in mud and she fell on her palms. They were walking along the water canal.
Water had seeped underground at places. The two men had sidestepped the damp ground. Maithri had too. But humiliation wouldn't have her quietly following.
Adiya carefully back tracked. He extended his hand. He was taller of the two men and could reach further than the butler.
"Take my hand."
"My hands are muddy. Let me try myself first. "
She put her right foot on strong ground, put her hands on ground for support and pulled her left foot free. Her leg came out of the mud. Her sandal was twisted out of shape. She softly laughed. She got up and started walking. But sunk her unlucky left foot again.
"Seriously!!"
The two men laughed.
"Looks like you have found a rat hole."
"Seriously now!? The ground holds strong for heavy men like you but sinks under a light piece like me!?
Unbelievable!"
"Atleast your sense of humor hasn't sunk. Come on now lets get you cleaned. " the butler smiled.
This time Aditya didnt wait for her permission. He held her near her right elbow and pulled her straight. She freed her leg and hopped near him. He let her go immediately. She tried shaking off the mud. She looked up and saw Aditya controlling his laughter.
"What?"
"You know I never have seen such a unique beauty like you. "
"Meaning? "
"Well you have used mud for your makeup. Suits you though. Its a little more near your left ear. "
She went to touch her face then realized her hands were muddy.
"Hey there is nothing on my face is it? Uncle is there anything on my face?"
"Yes a little and a little on the hair too."
She looked with feigned arrogance at the two.
"Come on unique beauty lets clean you up."
Maithri washed her hands and legs near the well. The butler became busy with his phone. Aditya found some rope swings worth inspecting. He selected one which could bear his weight. Though he worked out everyday and burned all his excess fat, his height of six feet two inches packed weight. He normally avoided experimenting with things designed for average people. Except for his looks nothing about him was average. He strained his ears to hear the cracking of the branch his swing was tied to. He lightly moved the swing. The branch held steady. He saw the butler talking with Maithri. He closed his eyes enjoying the light breeze on his face.

"Ye raatein, ye mausam, nadee ka kinara, ye chanchal hawaa..... Hmm............."

He hummed the song.
He heard her coming. He recognized her mild perfume. She looked at him for a few seconds.
"That is an antique song. "
"Chanchal hawaa-light breeze, hence the half forgotten song."
She sat in the swing beside.
"The butlet was called by father. He said he would call me as soon as he was ready. Or we can go just now. "
"I want to sit on the swing for some time. We own trees. Will tie swings. Something with wooden planks. Suitable for mother. Safe for kids. "

These ones are definitely not for men.

"So fan of Kishore Kumar? '
"And Rafi, and Kumar Shaanu, and Sonu, and Arijit Singh. "
"And S. P. Balasubramanyam? "
"Oh yeah! "
"And ladies. "
"All the ladies singers accross the whole film fraternity of our country. Now a days I love this song.

In dino dil mera mujhse hai keh raha tu khaab sajaa......

Flirting again?
Either father is caught up in something real bad or you have his blessings.
Either way no more running.
Lets see what you are.