Chapter 14

Aditya stood shirtless again, just not facing Maithri this time.
Obviously disappointed.
His disappointment also accentuated that it was not Maithri who applied some cream to his bruises, but a set of manly hands, belonging to her father.
Still he was cunning enough to focus Maithri's eyes solely on his back. And he had a sculpted torso to torment her.
"I feel pain below my left shoulder."
His left hand ran behind his back as his shoulder muscles flexed.
He knew small cuts would not be easy to spot beneath his thick body hair. And that Maithri would have to strain her eyes searching for it. Still it was worth making her eyes completely focused on him even in her father's presence. As for her father, it was he who asked if Aditya was bruised after the nasty fight.
And Aditya stripped of his shirt not at all shy. One, he decided to be all there if he wanted to court her. And two, her father might had temporarily lost his guarding instincts but once back, Vikram would soon recollect any phony behavior by Aditya.

"What are you applying?"
"A general antiseptic cream. I can't be having a proper wound cream here can I? " Maithri said looking for the pain balm in her handbag.
"Here father this pain balm is also here."
Aditya chuckled.
"She has both antiseptic and pain balm in her handbag, and she still is lamenting she doesn't have a wound cream!"
He turned to face the two.
Maithri took a step back. He was too close. He smelt mixed, body wash and himself.
Himself was a little more for her.

Hmm, so I effect you love.
Good, cause that was the plan.

"So what do you have for my torn     T-shirt, needle and thread or another shirt? " he said extending his torn     T-shirt to her.
She took automatically from his hands and examined.
"I don't have needle and thread."
"Hmm. Didnt expect."
He pressed his left chest.
"Damn he had a sucker punch. Give me that pain balm."

Vikram looked concerned.  Aditya said he was fine and he was used to such beating in the gymn.

They still had to get their beddings they had left in the house. All three decided to go this time. Aditya collected another change of clothes from his car. He had extra pairs just in case his friends suggested roaming out in the midnight. Mumbai after all had a reputation of The City that never sleeps.
He normally roamed topless in the night at home. However tonight he was not at his home. So he slipped on a T-shirt.
They brought all their beddings back to one room. Vikram was adamant that Aditya sleep in their room, after the hits he had suffered. And why would he not agree? He watched the unhidden distaste on Maithri's face but she didn't argue.
She set the beddings fast. Aditya would sleep on one couch beside one wall. They pulled the second couch in the centre of the room for Vikram. Maithri would sleep on the floor between Vikram and the second wall.

She settled down quickly to sleep. Aditya could not see her directly, and he wasn't bothered either. He had Vikram to talk to. A rare opportunity to talk to a veteran businessman like him, and Aditya planned on milking the chance. They settled down talking. Vikram was always open with Aditya. They just were very busy men immersed in their own business houses.

The wealth, the cars, the houses, the gold of the rich is always on the display.Also the business acumen, the foresight, the dreams, the designs. All of the above always flaunted, always talked about, and always chased by the masses. Always the personal toys counted, and the visible legacy left behind. Everything to the open eye. Like nothing is hidden.
Still even the cleanest elite have accumulated wisdom and knowledge that never sees the light of day. Because neither the masses have an inclination to believe nor the wise waste efforts on making a believer out of skeptics.

Vikram and Vaidehi were one such elite family. If one could look beyond the wealth, one could see how many steps they were ahead of the masses. They were too well educated. Too connected to other equals. Too much in pursuance of the future and the priceless wisdom of past. Too gone ahead than the normals. And yet it would never be talked about in the casual banter because people are too fixated on the opulent wealth.

And now Vikram and Aditya were having a free conversation. One that would go down as timeless in their memory lane. Both were eager and both sharing. Vikram was sought after and Aditya was sought out by Vaidehi herself.

But like all good things come to an end their conversation was disrupted by a call on Aditya's cell phone. He had to reply a late night call when it was an unknown number.

"Hello."
"So Aditya. The three of you are in the same room tonight."
"Who is this? "
"Whoever this is. Open the door. The tenant is here. "

And the call got cut. Aditya stared at the phone.

"Who was it Aditya? You look tense. "
Vikram asked.
"Didn't say who it was but... "

There were soft knocks on the door.

"Who can it be now?  So late? "
Vikram asked annoyed.
"Must be the tenant. "

Aditya cautiously opened the door.

And there stood a very apologetic tenant.