4. 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

A kiss in a dream (part 2 to kiss on the forehead)

Jack Kelly was a dreamer and there was no doubt about that. Day and Night that boy dreamt of everything he could imagine. But most of his dreams were clouded with the thought of running away to Santa Fe. But tonight, it was different. His mind was filled with you. Ever since this morning, he couldn't stop thinking about you. It killed him to see you unhappy but when he knew it was his fault, he was a broken man, a shell of his former self. That night as he lay down, he struggled to sleep. He clutched the bandanna in his fist so hard it became painful. After crying in silence for the 3rd time that day, he drifted off to sleep.

Jack sat in front of the statue on News Boys square, one leg crossed over the other. He had his last paper in his hands and his nose buried in it, scouring the contents he had just sold. It was all garbage. It wasn't exciting, it didn't have any engaging stories in it. It was all way to political for his liking. He flicked through the rest of the pages, before closing the paper.

"Who the hell would want to buy this?" He said to himself, looking down at the dumb headline.

"A great leader once said, Headlines don't sell papes, Newsies sell papes." A voice replied. Jack looked up to see you standing there.

"Y/N" Jack sighed. He remembered the fight, the time you'd thrown the bandanna back at him. He had missed you.

"Y/N" He breathed out pushing himself up from the bench. He ran over to you, taking you into his arms. He pushed his head into the crook of your neck breathing in your scent. When he exhaled, his hot breath fanned over your exposed skin. You took his face in your hands and brought it up to your face. Tears filled Jack's eyes making them look 10 times more mysterious, he melted into your touch that he'd craved so much. He couldn't bare to be this close to you without a kiss, so he pressed his lips to yours. It didn't feel real. And that's because it wasn't.

Jack awoke when it was still dark. He sat up abruptly and looked around the room for you. But he knew you weren't there; he knew it was all a dream. But he so desperately wanted it to be real. He wanted to scream until his lungs couldn't take it, but he didn't. He just brought the bandanna up to his face and wept into it. Jack needed you to survive.

(A/N: Have part 2 of angsty Jack, ik they haven't made up yet but they will i promise and I don't break promises. Stay safe and ily)