15. 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝 (ʀ.ʜ)

A kiss to distract (part 2 of a kiss in public)

(Y/B/N means your brother's name)

"None of your business" you replied to your brother. He sat down beside you slyly. Both of your parents both pre-occupied in business-y conversations.

"Y/N I asked you a question" he asked again, gritting his teeth.

"And I said, it was none of your business" you said, just as harshly.

"It became my business when I saw my little sibling kissing a news boy"

"Y/B/N, keep your nose out of it"

"Nah, I'd rather not..." he crossed his arms and stood up, tapping your father on the shoulder. You shot him a look, a look begging him not to tell your father about Race. But you swore Y/B/N was out to make your life a living nightmare.

"Y/N kissed the News Boy father; I saw it with my own eyes" he teased like a child.

And you didn't hear the end of it. Your father lectured you on how an intelligent, attractive, young upper-class citizen should with someone like themselves. You should be with someone who could provide a stable future for you and the family you were inevitably going to have. You should not be with a news boy, a street rat who would use you.

"How long have you been keeping this from us" He yelled at you, spit flying from his lips.

"6 months" You replied courageously.

"6 MONTHS, 6 MONTHS" He was screaming now, an ugly vein protruding from his forehead.

"DAD I LOVE HIM" You screamed back leaning out of your chair.

"LOVE HIM, NO YOU DON'T, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE DIRTY, ROTTEN, STREET RAT AGAIN"

And before he could place anymore guilt on your shoulders, you picked up your jacket and ran. The streets had dropped cold, so you slung it over your shoulders as you ran. You had your heart set on one place and that was wherever Race was. The noise of your shoes echoed through the empty streets, you could hear the blood rushing through your body and your heart in your chest. You made it to the lodging house and banged on the door, breathing heavily. Tears had started to fall from your eyes, but you didn't care. Race came to the door and you threw your arms around him, holding him close to your body.

"Hey, what's up" he whispered, running his hands through your hair soothingly.

"My dad, he said- he said, I can't see you and that you weren't good for me Race. But you are good for me Race, you are-". Words just spewed from your mouth nervously. You didn't want to lose Race; it would break you.

"And I love you so much and don't wanna lose you Race -"

You were taken aback by Race bringing his lips to yours. The feeling of Race's body up against yours distracted you from your mind. The way he caressed your face made you feel safe. This was why Race was the only one in your life that mattered.

"Its okay Y/N, we'll figure it out, I promise."

(A/N: Race got his part 2, I'm super happy!! That's all i hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading. Stay safe and ily )