43. 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴄ.ᴍ)

New Year's Kiss

The boys weren't opposed to celebrating New Year's. They would throw their own parties in the lodging house with their own custom traditions. It wasn't much but they enjoyed it.

So when you asked Crutchie to attend your parents New Years eve party as your date he was very apprehensive.

"Are you sure?" he asked when you broached the question. You shook your head and took his hand in yours.

"Of course"

When December 31st came around the poor boy was terrified. He wandered down the streets of Manhattan until he came to your house. He could hear the loud music from the outside and he saw shadows dancing in the window. He took a deep breath and hobbled up the porch stairs. He placed his fist against the door, hesitating for a moment before knocking swiftly.

"Il get it." He heard you yell from inside of the house. He couldn't help but smile at the obvious excitement in your voice. You opened the door, a huge smile on your face.

"Hi" you shouted over the noise, pulling him into a hug.

"Come on in" you gestured. He began to walk in, but you could tell he was so in his head about this. You took his hand comfortingly as you pushed through the crowds. Your house was full of family and friends and friends of friends and business associates. Crutchie felt so small compared to all of these big personalities. You lead him into the kitchen and as you padded through the hallways, you got so many judgmental looks. Again, Crutchie began to feel uneasy but the tight grip on his hand assured him that you were always there. You arrived in the kitchen. The music wasn't so loud in there, but the chattering was loud.

"Do you want a drink?"

"uhh...sure" he hesitated before answering. You giggled as you poured him a drink and passed it to him.

"Relax love, you have nothing to worry about" you cooed, cupping his face lightly. He sighed into your touch.

"Y/N, dear" a voice called, you twirled round to face the voice.

"Aunt Peggy" you said, an annoyed twang in your voice. The lady pulled you into a bone-crushing hug. Crutchie was just standing there slightly awkward, sipping on his drink. Aunt Peggy let you go, then she gestured to Crutchie.

"Y/N, I do believe you haven't introduced us to your...friend over there" she commented, pointed a finger at Crutchie.

"Oh, yeah. This is my boyfriend, Crutchie" you said, sliding over to him and smiling.

"Its nice to meet you" she cringed before walking away. Crutchie just looked at his feet.

"Ignore her, I didn't like her anyway" you said hooking a finger under his chin. You grabbed his hand again and started leading him up the stairs.

"Y/N, where are you going" another voice yelled.

"Upstairs mom" you replied. She shook her head and scolded you.

"You should be mingling, this is your future"

You and Crutchie ended up killing time by cuddling on the couch. This wasn't what your mother had in mind, but you didn't really care. You gazed over at the clock.

"Oh shit" you grumbled. You grabbed Crutchie's hand pulling him up off the sofa.

"5 minutes till the ball drop" you said. The music had been turned down to a low hum. You wrapped your arms around Crutchie swaying lightly. You rested your head on his shoulder and yawned.

"10...9...8" people began to shout. You took your head off his shoulder and looked into his eyes with a smile.

"7...6...5" You slinked you hands up to his face, rubbing small circles into his skin.

"4...3...2" you both whispered together. You had never felt happier, being in Crutchie's arms and counting down to the new year.

"1" and the minute that last number left your lips, Crutchie touched his mouth to yours. His soft lips moulded with yours, you melted into his touch. A wave of confidence came over him as the clock ticked into the early hours of January 1st. His tongue slipping into your mouth. He placed his hand on your hip, rubbing circles into your side. You pulled away with a massive smile plastered on your face.

"Happy new year Y/N" he said happily.

"Happy new year Crutchie"

(A/N: Im sorry for no update yesterday, i was so ill. But i came back with Mr Crutchie Morris cuz hes baby. Thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed it. Stay safe and ily)