32. 𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

"I'm sorry" kiss

You hadn't gone selling today, you really weren't feeling it. So, to make you make yourself feel a bit better you tidied the lodging house. You had made everyone's bed in turn and swept the floor. You felt a little more accomplished as you shoved the brush back in the storeroom. You slapped your hands together, dust falling off them and stood back to admire your work. You finally sat down on your bed and took a soothing breath. You lay back and closed your eyes.

"Y/N, Y/N" you heard voices yelling from outside. Your eyes shot open and you sprung out of bed. You ran over to the door and pulled on the handle. Davey and Spot stumbled in carrying Jack between them. Jack looked limp between the boys, his head hanging low, hair falling over his face. He seemed to be limping slightly as Spot and Davey brought him into the room. Blood was dripping across the floor, trailing behind them. The other Newsies came racing behind them. They stopped in the door frame watching nervously.

"What happened?" you said as they placed Jack on his bed.

"He got into a real bad fight with Morris n Oscar" Spot said standing back. Jack just sat on his bed, his head still low, blood dripping onto the floor and his trousers.

"Jack" you cooed, squatting down so you could look up at him. He just moved his head slowly, wincing in pain.

"Hey Davey, you mind getting me some tissue" you said, it was more of a command than a question though. He ran over to the washroom and came back shortly after with some tissues.

"Jack, im gonna need you to tilt your head up" you said, handing him the tissue. You thanked Davey quickly before going back to Jack. His hands gripped the tissue, his knuckles were red raw, dry blood streaking down his slender fingers. He slowly tipped his head back and held the tissue to his nose. His hair fell back, some stuck to his forehead because of the sweat. This was the first time you'd actually seen his face.

"Oh Jack" you sighed, scanning his face. His nose was obviously bleeding, and he had dry blood resting on his top lip. The corner of his mouth was split, a very harsh cut already healing. His right eye was covered in a huge bruise, a deep mix of purple and red and green littering the area. Both of his eyes were heavy from being so tired. There was a small mark above his left eyebrow. You had only just noticed the fact that the knees of his trousers were ripped, and the exposed skin was scabbing up.

You bit your lip holding back tears. Right now, was not the time for tears, you told yourself. Jack brought his head down and threw the tissue on the ground. His nose had stopped bleeding now, but he still had so many other marks to deal with. You noticed the guys were still standing in anticipation.

"Relax guys, I've got this" you announced reassuringly. You felt all the tension in the air fade away. You then continued to clean Jack up, using a damp towel to clean the blood off his face and hands. You also used water to make sure his cuts didn't get infected. It wasn't much but you did well to deal with your resources.

"Kelly, you wanna tell me what happened?" You asked, wiping the greasy hair off of his forehead and kissing it carefully.

"Oscar and Morris, talking dirty 'bout you" He slurred.

"Me? You got into a fight because of me?" You said in disbelief. He nodded sleepily.

"Jack, I-"

"I'm sorry" He interrupted.

"Jack why are you sorry, you did nothing wrong"

He just shrugged his shoulders and apologised again, kissing your lips lightly as not to hurt himself. His lips were warm against yours. The kiss was brisk but full of meaning.

"God, I love you so much Kelly" you said, tears falling from your eyes.

You kissed him lightly on the cuts on his knuckles.

"So, so much"

BONUS

"Wait did you tidy?"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry"

"JACK..."

(A/N: This has nothing to with the oneshot but i finally watched blood drips heavily on newsies square and omfg i died. Its an absolute cinematic masterpiece. Anyways, thanks for reading, i hope you enjoyed it. Stay safe and ily)