7. 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

A kiss on the back

(Kind of modern-ish au, it doesn't really mention selling papes, also inspired by something I read on tumblr)

It was noon and the sun was setting over New York. Jack Kelly lay in your bed, trying incredibly hard to enjoy the sunset. Trying hard to memorise the colours so he could paint it at a later date. But he kept coughing and spluttering, his head ringing. He kept having hot flushes on and off, he couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to be cuddled up in your covers or not. And worst of all his whole body ached, his muscles were on fire.

You had finally arrived at your apartment; you climbed the stairs up to your door. You pushed a hand into your pocket and pulled out the keys. Jack was coughing when you got into the apartment. He looked pale and despite the awful cold wracking his body, he still managed to be as pretty as the day you met him. He smiled at you meekly as you took off your shoes and left them by the door.

"How you feeling pretty boy?" you asked, him sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I don't feel so pretty" Jack replied. You placed the back of your hand to his forehead, checking his temperature. He looked up at you, eyes dull from the pain.

"Anything I can do for you?" you questioned. You knew he hated having you do things for him, but you didn't care. He looked anxious, like he wanted something but didn't want to ask. You carefully caressed his cheek with your finger, showing him, it was okay. He just had to ask.

"Um, could you...um" he began and sighed. He didn't know how to ask.

"My um, back hurts, could you -"

"You want a massage Jack?" you finished for him. He nodded; glad you'd taken the words out of his mouth. He hated looking weak in front of you, but you didn't care. You loved him anyway.

"Can you lay on your chest Jack?"

He shook his head, he'd tried that earlier, thinking it would take some of the ache out of his poor back muscles. It just ended in a tight chest and an awful lot of wheezing. He felt embarrassed.

"Its fine, its fine. Can you sit up?" you reassured him

That he could do. He pushed himself up using his hands, they sunk into the mattress making it more difficult than it should have been. He raised a fist to his mouth coughing roughly. You moved to sit behind him and lowered your hands onto his shoulder blades. His skin was hot to the touch. You took a second to admire the dips and curves of his sculpted back before using your thumbs to rub small circles onto his skin. He closed his eyes and revelled in the comfort. You worked down his bare back, taking great care as not to hurt him. Once you had finished, you pressed a gentle kiss to between his shoulder blades. Jack melted, falling back into your arms.

"You feeling better pretty boy?" you said quietly, softly. He didn't reply. You looked down at Jack laying in your arms. His eyelashes fanned over his pink cheeks, chest rising and falling carefully. You giggled to yourself, taking that as a yes. You were kind of stuck there with Jack sleeping in your arms like that. So, you sat there and let him sleep, looking out of the window. Thanking your lucky stars, that they'd blessed you with such a perfect man.

(A/N: We love sleepy Jack. I just want to say thank you to the writer who inspired this, if you recognise this and want credit, please tell me and I will gladly credit you. Thanks for reading, stay safe and ily)