48. 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚍 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

Kiss in a crowd

"I need this to be PERFECT" Jack exclaimed. He was standing on the stage of the Irving Hall, chewing on his thumb nail. He was watching Specs and Skittery cautiously try and hang a hand painted banner from one of the balconies. The banner read 'Happy Birthday Y/N" in drippy paint.

"A little more to the left" Davey commented, emerging from the wings. He placed a hand on Jack's shoulder.

"It going to be fine, I don't get why you are so stressed Y/N will love it either way" he smiled warmly, trying to comfort his friend. Jack sighed and tapped Davey's hand as a thank you.

"AHHHH" the two boys heard a scream. Their heads snapped over to the commotion. Balloons had dispersed all over the room. Dutchy was standing beside Blink. The two boys in charge of the balloons looked sheepishly over at Jack. Jack shoved his head in his hands and walked off. Today was turning out to be a disaster.

"What's going on here?" an all too familiar voice chimed. This time every one's head snapped to look at the door. You stood there with a grin on your face, looking at the chaos before you. Davey was standing on the stage, eyes wide. Specs and Skittery were both precariously balancing on a ladder, head to toe in paint. Dutchy and Blink were stood furthest away from you, but you could still tell they were shocked. You tried to stifle your laughter but just couldn't.

"Why so scared?" you laughed, walking through the rows of chairs. Specs was the first to say anything, he clambered off the ladder and enveloped you in a messy hug.

"Happy Birthday Y/N" he said.

"Thank you, Specs" you replied, ruffling his hair. This was followed by a chorus of other people well wishes.

"YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS" Jack yelled, coming out from backstage.

"Y/N" he said, his tone changing rapidly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you guys...found you"

"You weren't supposed to be here for another half an hour"

"Jack..." you started talking but was stopped.

"Today was supposed to be perfect and it wasn't..." he muttered, his posture slumping.

"Jack, this is perfect...I get to spend my birthday with my best friends and the guy I love" you replied, gesturing to the boys surrounding you. You climbed up onto the stage and hugged Jack tightly, resting your head on his chest.

"Jack, this is MORE than perfect" you whispered only just audible.

Jack looked down at you and hooked two fingers under your chin. He brought your face to his, looking into your eyes full of love. His hand made its way to your cheek, his fingertips rough against your skin. He ran his tongue across his bottom lip before pressing his lips against yours. Cheers from the other boys erupted all around. You smiled into the kiss, feeling Jack smile too. You both pulled away, laughing. The pair of you looked out at your audience who were still cheering for you madly.

"Happy Birthday Y/N"

(A/N: A short but sweet Jack Kelly oneshot! Its getting really close to the end of the book and im super sad about it but i got some other works in progress! Thanks for reading, stay safe and ily)