6. 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴅ.ᴊ)

A long kiss

You and Sarah sat on her bed going through some draws, cleaning out any unwanted items. You were stacking a pile of paper for recycling when Sarah called Les over.

"What is this?" she said giggling. She had something in her hand. Les jumped up and skipped over to her taking the object. He pulled a half-eaten hotdog from a now greasy sheet of paper.

"I- was saving it for later." Les replied sheepishly. Sarah picked up the sheet that Les has discarded. It was Denton's unpublished article.

"Davey, its Denton's article." She announced to her brother who was standing at the open window. He didn't move, he didn't turn round, he just stood there. Sarah began to read the article out loud but was cut off by Davey slamming the window. It was loud and full of anger. The bang scared you to death, jumping nervously. No one said anything for a while until you offered to talk to him. You got up from Sarah's bed and walked over to the window, pushing it up in order to slip out. You stood on the fire escape and shouted for David. He didn't reply. So, you climbed to the roof. It was difficult in your long skirt and boots, you kept tripping as you climbed the ladder. When you finally made it to the roof, you saw Davey. He was standing there like nothing had happened.

"Davey" you said from one side of the building. He turned round but didn't reply. You shook your head walked over to him, gently placing your hand onto his shoulder.

"David, please tell me what's wrong" you asked softly. He threw his arms up in defeat, pulling away from you.

"I just don't know who to trust anymore, Denton. Gone, Jack. Gone." He hesitated for a while before finishing in a whisper.

"Soon, I'll have no one"

Seeing the boy, you loved so down in the dumps broke your heart. You fought back tears as you pulled him into a hug. The hug was much needed. He melted into your body as you both stood on the roof. The slight breeze ruffling you outfit.

"Davey, you'll always have me." You whispered sensitively as you ran a hand through his hair. He moved his head from the crook of your neck.

"Y/N, can I kiss you?" he asked quietly. You giggled, you loved how polite he was. He knew he didn't need to ask; you were his girlfriend for crying out loud. But he still did, he was just like that. You nodded, still smiling. He pulled you into his body once more and placed his lips on yours. They were soft and a perfect fit. You closed your eyes and let him take the lead. The kiss was long and beautiful. You reluctantly pulled away because of the basic human need for oxygen. Davey lent is forehead against yours and closed his eyes.

"Thank you" he whispered.

(A/N: I finally wrote for someone that's not Jack. FINALLY. Davey deserves the whole world and more. I hope you enjoyed it, stay safe and ily)