49. 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎𝚜 (ʀ.ʜ)

Kisses and Cuddles

(This is literally just fluff without a plot)

You walked into the lodging house, it was quiet for once. It was strange to see your home so empty. Well it was empty except for Racetrack Higgins and his HUGE ego.

It wasn't that you didn't get along with Racer, you did. Sometimes you got along too well. But today you weren't in the mood for banter. You walked straight past him and slumped against your bed. Your face was pressed into your pillow as you lay there lifeless. You heard cackling from Race as you lay in your sleepy state.

"Its not funny Higgins" you grumbled, turning your head to face him. He just kept going, laughing, and cracking his usual jokes. He didn't even stop when you launched the pillow at his smug little face. Eventually, the giggling stopped, and you felt the side of your mattress sink under a new source of weight. You flopped onto your back and looked up at Race through bleary eyes.

"You okay Y/N" he asked politely.

"Am sleepy, that's all" you groaned. He smiled at you and patted his lap. You cocked your head, raising your eyebrow at his strange request. He just patted his lap again, adamant that he wanted you to sit there. So you did. You pushed yourself up and clambered onto his lap. Your legs were wrapped around his waist and his hands were placed on the bottom of your back. You sighed letting yourself fall limp against his body. He chuckled softly. He placed a kiss to your head and your stomach flipped a little. You lifted yourself up and gazed at him, really taking in the curve of his nose and twinkle in his blue eyes. You found your hands sneaking up to his face, grazing his lips with the pad of your thumb.

"Racer, can I?" you muttered.

"Can you do what?" he commented cockily, his lips forming a smirk. You slapped him lightly.

"Good job Higgins, you ruined it" you said, trying to wriggle out of his grasp. But it worked to no avail, his strong arms keeping you firmly planted in his lap.

"What can I say, I've never been the best at romance"

"That is a lie" you called him out, hands returning to his face. You touched his lips gingerly with your cold fingertips. He kissed them lightly.

"Anthony, can I kiss you?" you cooed, breaking out his real name; knowing it made him melt when it fell from your lips.

"Go on then" he said but not in his usual Racetrack manor. It was soft and sweet but still classically him. His lips were warm against yours and he tasted like what you wanted him to taste like. He tasted like home, he felt like home, he smelt like cigars, but you could deal with that if it meant kissing Anthony Higgins more often. Your bodies were still pressed together as close as they could physically be. You pulled away, taking a deep breath. He was looking at you, his eyes scanning your face as if he were trying to memorise you. You giggled through your nose before snuggling back into his chest.

"Y/N, I gotta get up" he uttered sadly.

"Nope, your gonna stay here and im gonna take a nap" you droned sleepily. He opened his mouth to disagree, but you placed a finger to his lips.

"Stay" you said quietly before drifting off.

"Ill do anything for you Y/N...anything"

(A/N: Hello my loves, im so sorry about the mini hiatus but im back and the books almost over, which makes me super sad :( Thank you for 4000 reads and such, you are all amazing. I hope you enjoyed this, stay safe and ily)