Seventeen - Pranking Joe

A second chance. Should I believe in it? Giving someone a second chance and being screwed over again is a pretty bad feeling.

Forgiving someone and allowing them into your life again is pretty hard. But when you know it's not entirely their fault, you can consider it. I think. I debated inside my head while I was walking to Sara's from the bus stop. You know there are times when you and your subconscious mind are having an argument inside your head? Subconscious mind? Inner self?

Whatever. You know what I mean.

I entered the cafe and saw Amy sitting at the very last table, far from everything. She was sipping on chocolate Oreo milkshake, her favourite. Looking at the small amount of drink in the glass, i figured out she had come very early.

"hey" I pulled the chair that was in front of her and sat down.

"You're early" she looked up.

"Well, you came here even more earlier" I smiled.

"Yeah.  Thought I'd get prepared a bit"

"For what?"

"I was nervous about talking to y-you" she smiled.

"You don't have to be. I'm your bes- friend" I said in a low voice.

"You- you asked Luna?"

"Yeah. She will come here with Laura in half an hour"

She opened her mouth to say something but didn't. She looked worried and shook.

"What's the matter?"

"I don't think we both are ready to meet yet"

"Ofcourse you guys are. You should"

"I- I can't listen to her say that she wants to end everything we had, again" tears welled up in her eyes.

"You guys, have to talk it out. I know how much you love eachother" I smiled.

"What if she hates me?"

"She can never hate you. You know that right?" she put her head down not wanting to answer my question.

I extended my hand slowly towards her head and tapped on it.

"Wha-" she looked up. Her eyes widened and a small smile crept on her face.

She gently grabbed the packet of m&m's that I was holding in the other hand.

"Thanks"

"Don't cry. It dosen't suit you"

"I'm sorry" she looked down again.

"Stop it. I'm not angry anymore."

"Really?"

"Well, I haven't forgotten it but- I have forgiven you. I'm a scorpio! What were you expecting?"I laughed and she chuckled.
"I've decided. I don't want to lose you. I love you and you mean a lot to me too"

Her lips trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks. She wiped her tears from the edge of her oversized hoodie sleeves and covered her face.

"I told you crying dosen't suit you" I said knowing that I would start ugly crying any moment.

"Can i- can I give you a hug?" She looked at me and I nodded my head vigorously. She got off her chair in a second and jumped upon me. I hugged her back with all my strength. I was scared her bones would get crushed though-

"I missed you so much Eli"

"I missed you too"

"Don't worry about today. Laura loves you."