EdWin: Den (the dog)

Welcome to my second oneshots book! I know I have a lot of fanfics, but this one I just had to do :)

Warning: Dog

This is before he proposes and all lol

Third person Pov

Edward sighed. He had no idea what to do. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw Winry's dog, Den, sit down next to him. Den licked him a couple of times, and frowned, as if to ask what was wrong.

"Well Den, I'm in a sort of dilemma right now." Edward said aloud. Said dog nudged his leg, as if to say, go on! "Well I've been feeling not so well. Like I'm lightheaded, and my face heats up and stuff, and I stutter like an idiot." At this point, Winry was watching the two with slight interest in her eyes.

"And you know what the weirdest part of this is Den?" Edward continued, and the dog tilted his head to the side in confusion. "It only happens when I'm around Winry." The mechanic was about to spring from behind the door and hit him with her wrench, when Edward said, "I talked to Granny about this."

This hit Winry with force. Pinako had been dead for the past year, and not a day passed by where the small group didn't miss her. "I know that she's gone, but—"Edward sighed. "I can't help but feel her spirit there with us." A tear fell from Winry's eye and splattered onto the wooden board below her.

She had no idea that Edward could be this understanding. Sure, he's comforted her several times, but that was with a simple hug and maybe a kiss to her forehead. Winry's face headed up as she remembered him almost hearing her say that she loved him. Or the time he caught her changing. Or—

"But Den, the she told me the most amazing thing." Continued Edward, and Den and Winry both leaned closer to hear this 'amazing thing'. "She told me that I was in love." Winry's eyes widened even more, and Den yipped happily. "I know, I know, but what should I do? Should I confess?" Den yipped and barked and danced around, his automail limb clip-clopping on the wood.

Edward chuckles and laughs, "Okay then bud. You come with me." He gets up and heads toward the door, with Den at his heels. Winry stood behind the door, and when Edward opened it, she jumped at him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him deeply.

"So I'm assuming you love me too?"

Star~chan