Ling Fan: Yukata

Short oneshot based off of a oneshot on Fanfiction.net, by "12 gardens" called "Indecision- Ling X Lan Fan" :)))

A yukata is a kimono, pretty much. Please don't get all technical, I saw the word yukata, looked it up, and was like, "oh imma use this"

This one is kind of set after Mask, but before Empress. The distance between these three, idk.

I'm trying to get back to writing in First Person Pov, which is hard since the other oneshot is in third person. But I figured I might as well practice lol.

Warning: Cute kissing scene

Lan Fan's Pov

I was in my room getting prepared for the annual Sakura festival. It was the first one we would have since we got back from Amestris. It was also the first one we would have since the Young Lord was crowned emperor.

I was in my room, so close to screaming of frustration. If this yukata rose up one more time, I was going to lose it. The Young Lord had given it to me to wear, and when I asked why, he just said, "Cause I think you'll look even cuter wearing it!" And left with a wink. Luckily he left before he could see my blush.

Sure enough, as if it read my mind, the already way-too-short thing rode up and exposed even more of my legs. "OH, WHY WON'T YOU JUST COOPERATE!" I shouted out angrily. Stomping to my mirror (in the room that the Young Lord gave me) I stared at myself.

"Okay, pull it together. You'll be fine— Oh, but what about my reputation as a bodyguard! As a shadow! My clan! My family..." I said, voice breaking a little bit at the end. Ever since Grandfather died, I knew that I was probably the one of the last people in the Fan clan. Other than the future "one of the fifty wives" woman.

On that thought, I inhaled deeply. Somehow, my heart still loved the Young Lord. My head knew that I'd never have a chance with him. I mean, I'm not feminine, I'm not royal, I'm not even pretty, and I have this mechanical arm that makes me look like that angry Elric.

I smiled sadly at myself as a tear dropped from my eye. Was it my pride, my reputation, or my love for the Young Lord? Which one would I choose?

As I was about to just rip out my hairpin and yank off my dress, my door burst open, and I jumped behind my dresser out of instinct. And there was the Young Lord, dressed in a dark red yukata. Looking at mine, I blushed. The scarlet yukata he gave me matched his! What a sly thing for him to do.

"You in here Lan Fan?" He asked, and I poked my head from behind the dresser. "What're you doing back there?" He laughed, and I blushed. "Y-Young Lord, it is improper for m-me to appear like this in your p-presence. Please step out s-so I can change." I stammer out, my face red.

He laughs, and flops on my bed. "Why should I? You know Lan, I think you'll look awesome." I blush even more profusely, and stepping out of my hiding place since I don't think he can see me, I say, "But my lord, I—" He cut me off, and rose.

He looked me up and down, and grinned. "See? I told you you'd look awesome. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, at least I think that's how it goes." He winked, and my face felt like it was on fire.

"Y-Young Lord, please d-don't say that. I am your servant, not your equal. It is improper t-to compliment me." I stammered again. His eyes opened, and gave me this angry glare saying, what the heck did you say?? Then, within a blink of an eye, he boxed me in against the wall.

"I thought I told you to call me by my first name." He growled, and I gulped. "But Ling, this is improper attire for a bodyguard!" I protested. "That, and I don't think I'll look very good in this yukata..." I muttered, looking down in embarrassment, but he still heard me, and in protest he tilted my chin up with his finger.

Our lips met, and for that short moment I forgot everything I was thinking about. The only thing I could think was, oh god, this one is even better than when he first kissed me. There was so much more passion in this one. When he pulled away, he smiled, "Now let's go Lan Fan!"

"Let's go enjoy the festival together!"

And no, I don't feel bad for fangirling over my own work >:)

I'm almost done with FMA and I'm honestly kind of scared to finish it cause that's where I get my inspiration, but I haven't finished Fairy Tail yet, and wanna watch Attack on Titan, and work on a fanfic for that, but I have a Fairy Tail Fanfic, and IM SO CONFUSED

help me—

Star~chan