Ling Fan: Surname

A fellow Ling Fan fan asked me to keep on updating cause the Ling Fan community is pretty much dead, so that's what I'll do!

Inspired by a oneshot on FanFiction.net called Surnames by jinlin1

Trying to write in Ling's pov, sorry if it's not good lmao

Also, my inspiration and writer's block has gone 📉 for reasons I don't want to put on the top here so I'm really sorry

Ling's POV

I flopped down on the arm of my throne. You'd think an emperor would have a more fun day when his advisors and council had a day off. I was hungry, so I decided to jump off and run to the kitchen. The guard (not Lan Fan) fell asleep, he was probably almost as bored as me.

As I ran, I could see the kitchen doors. Yes! Food! I thought, and suddenly someone turned the corner. Unable to stop myself, I slammed into them. I was knocked backward, and rubbed my forehead where me and the mystery person smashed into each other.

"O-Oh! Sorry, my lord! Are y-you hurt?" Lan Fan stammered out from the ground. I helped her up, and slung my arm over her shoulders. "Not at all Lan Fan, wanna come get some food with me?" I grin, walking with her to the kitchen.

After we had grabbed an armful of various foods, we sat down in the branches of a large tree not far from the palace. I had grabbed a bowl of noodles and some apples, and Lan Fan had taken a pear from the bowl where I had gotten the apples.

"You know, Lan Fan, I realized something." I said, munching on the apples. "What is it, young lord?" She tilted her head, and I had to try not to blush on how cute she looked in that one moment.

"I figured out that you don't have a last name." I explain. I slurped up the rest of my noodles up, and continued with my train of thought. "Lan Fan is a good name, but it's only a first name. Shouldn't you have a last name too?"

"Hmmm. You're right." Lan Fan agreed. "Maybe I could take Grandfather's last name. Or Oba-san's..." Her mind swirled around, taking a last name was a big responsibility. It meant that you pretty much belonged to that family, fought for that family, and in the needed situation, the bearer would die for that family.

Lan Fan was stressed (after so long, I'm able to see her expressions), she would have to find out who she had to bind her life to until it ended. But I had a suggestion in mind, a family that wouldn't even contemplate rejecting her.

That still didn't stop me from being nervous about asking her.

"Maybe you could take mine?"

Lan Fan's Pov

I looked at him, jaw dropped. Did he just say that? I could have his last name? That would be nice and make the most sense too... My cheeks flushed at the potential hidden meaning behind his question.

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

Now, it was his turn to blush.

"Uhhh, depends on if your answer is yes or not." He scratched the back of his neck, feeling uncomfortable.

I closed the distance between the two of us in a sweet kiss, and when I pulled away I could sense that there was no longer embarrassment and awkwardness, it was instead filled with one emotion, which, in my opinion, was the best one.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

Love.

And that's a wrap folks!

Sorry again for the late update, a couple of personal things have happened, and I don't feel like sharing them

Hope you have a good time doing whatever it is you're doing,

Stay safe!!

Star~chan