Ling Fan: Chi

In which Lan Fan was teaching her nephew on how to sense Chi and she gets a surprise when he senses life force. (Delete when done)

Another short Ling Fan oneshot, enjoy :)

Set after Empress lol, idk

Warning: Cute kissing scene

Third person POV

Lan Fan sighed as her nephew once again failed at healing a cut. She had tried making him heal a guard that was outside, and when that didn't work, she thought he needed more motivation. So she cut a small slit in her left palm.

And even though she was the one who was supposed to be fussing over him, Ling may or may not have freaked out and tried to get a medic to heal her. He practically begged Mei to bandage her, and was about to force her.

If Lan Fan hadn't explained and told him that it was for training, he would've probably tortured his poor sister with his pleas. Lan Fan gave him an annoyed look, and he moped all the way back to his throne and sat down.

"Okay Zane, let's try again." The blonde boy sighed. He raised his hands, and his eyebrows scrunched up in concentration under the large black blindfold. "That's it, concentrate. Feel the Dragon's Pulse, and all the life in the room."

"Oba-san! I think I'm getting the hang of it!" Zane cheered. "That's awesome! Try to feel the life force in the room." Lan Fan smiled. Zane's hands went up even higher. "I can feel it!" He grinned. "I'm proud of you." Lan Fan flicked her wrist, signaling Mei to get up and walk somewhere in the room.

Mei walks backwards a couple of steps. "Now, where is your mother?" Lan Fan asked. The boy slowly turned in the direction of Mei and pointed. "That's where Mama is!" He chirped, and Mei's eyes watered with proud tears.

"Now where is your uncle Ling?" Turning around enthusiastically, Zane pointed in the direction of where Ling sat on his throne. Lan Fan got up and walked to the opposite end of the room, and to the right a little bit.

"Where is your aunt?" Mei asked the him, confident that her son would be able to sense her, even though she was so far away. And to nobody's surprise (they knew from the start that Zane was rather gifted), Zane turned and pointed to Lan Fan.

He looked happy for a second, then confused. "Why does her life force feel weird?" The boy asked. Mei, concerned, felt around for Lan Fan's life force. Lan Fan was worried that there was something wrong with her, and her mind was going a mile a minute.

"Oh my word." Mei covered her mouth with her hands. "How could you keep this secret from us?" She ran towards her half-sister-in-law and hugged her tightly. Lan Fan was even more confused as she embraced Mei.

"What do you mean?" She asked. "I hide nothing from you all." Mei tilted her head and stepped away from her, putting her hands on her hips. "Haven't you sensed it? You should know by now...wow Onee-chan!"

"Will you stop beating around the bush and tell me and Lan?" Ling said, bored but also slightly excited on what was happening. "Why don't you go tap into the Dragon's Pulse yourself, lazy." Mei scoffs at his laziness.

The emperor shoots her an angry look, then taps into the Dragon's Pulse to see what all the fuss is about.

What he felt gave him ultimate happiness. His eyes sparkled with absolute joy. He ran over to his empress, and enveloped her in a sweet hug. He kissed her lips gently and passionately, cupping her cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?" Ling asked. Lan Fan was shocked. "Forgive me, emperor. I had no knowledge of this child." She blushed, and looked to the side in embarrassment for not figuring things out sooner.

Looking back, she noticed that she had all the symptoms of pregnancy. Nausea, fatigue, cravings, and others. "Hey, I thought I told you about this. I'm now your equal, Empress." She turned to face him, wondering in that moment what she had done to deserve him.

A life force was growing inside her, she realized. A child. A child that was half him and half her. It filled her with happiness and nervousness, and so many other emotions.

But it was fine, they were going to start a family.

And they would do it together.

Star~chan