Ling x Lan Fan(Ling Fan?):Empress

I absolutely fricking love this ship, I found an awesome fanfic on FanFiction.net, and I wanted to write this oneshot :)

Warning: short cute kissing scene, also 1/2 of a curse word lol

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH FANFICTIONS OF LAN FAN AND LING

Third person Pov

Lan Fan has never dreamed of this happening.

In all the years of her life, she never anticipated that she would one day be a wife. Nevertheless, the current emperor wanted to change that.

He asked her to be his wife moments before the moon fell behind the Xingese mountains. She cried, cried for the first time in years, and on top of that, they were tears of joy.

Her soon to be husband was a goof, who loved to joke around with his friends and the boyfriend of his little sister. Yet she loved him, loved him with all her heart, and even though it had never been done in history, she would be a wife of the emperor.

She would be empress.

She came from a small village, and was trained at a young age to be a bodyguard. Other girls in the village were trained on how to be a housewife.

But not her. She was trained to be a shadow, always present, always watching, but she was different from a shadow.

She cared. Cared for the person she was attached to. One could see that she loved him, loved him with all of her heart. In other words, he was pretty much her only reason for waking up every day.

From that day in Rush Valley after their long trek through the desert, she knew that she would give anything to be with him. To live with him, to share her life and live through happiness with him.

She never loved him for his position, or for his mus—

Lan Fan blushed, realizing was getting off track. Point was, she never wanted to be with him just to be empress. She wanted to be with him.

"Onee-San, are you ready?" Mei stepped out, in a floor length pastel orange yukata. She had her hair done in her usual hairstyle, with a yellow lotus flower in it. Inhaling deeply, Lan Fan nodded. She peeked out from behind the canopy at the back of the room.

"You know, it's about time you two tie the knot. Alphonse and I did five months before you!" Mei laughed. Lan Fan smiled. Her soon-to-be sister-in-law was always her happy self, and Lan Fan envied her a little bit. She wanted to know how she kept it up, and how she radiated joy to everyone around her.

Lan Fan was trained to be a silent shadow. She didn't radiate any kind of emotion. Why did he choose her? Damn it Lan Fan, right before you're getting married is not the time to second guess yourself. She shook her head. You've made it this far, just walk a couple of steps to the altar, say some things after the priest says it, and all this is over.

Mei patted Lan Fan on the head, careful not to mess up her intricate hairstyle, before stepping out and walking down the aisle. Winry gets up, whispers a "you got this" and walks after her. Lan Fan smiles at her Amestrian friend, she was glad that she gave the Amestrians a chance. And Winry had been married for a long two years to Edward Elric, and they had a child on top of that.

"Well Lan Fan, never thought it'd come to this." says Fu, rising from his seat in the corner. "After all my years, and all the years of our family protecting the Emperor, I never thought that one day that someone from our family would be a royal, much less an Empress."

The two link arms, and Lan Fan whispers her thanks before they walk down the aisle, Lan Fan in an elegant, detailed jade colored yukata with white trim. Fu was dressed in a black suit, loose and breatheable so he would be able to protect his granddaughter.

Didn't seem like he would need to protect them from anything.

Until Edward started teasing the groom on how late they were getting married.

Their whispering turned to bickering, until Lan Fan grew a bit annoyed. She loved her soon-to-be-husband to death, but this was a bit unprofessional. Their argument grew louder and louder, and the guests sweatdropped, feeling awkward. Lan Fan couldn't take it anymore.

"LING YAO AND EDWARD ELRIC, CALM DOWN THIS INSTANT!" she screamed, and slapped her hands on her mouth right after, and her face turned red of embarrassment. Ling turned his head, and cleared his throat after realizing the situation they were in.

"Alright, let's do this thing."

x•

"You may now kiss the bride."

Time seemed to stop for Lan Fan. She smiled, thinking that there would be no other moment that she would feel more in love with Ling as she did right now. (Of course she was wrong, but that's for another time ;))

Their lips met in a short but sweet kiss, and when they broke their foreheads were touching. Coal black eyes met onyx ones.

"I love you."

"I love you too, my empress."

Star~chan