EdWin: Gift

Something I came up with while drawing

Short and sweet :)

Ed's Pov

"I don't know exactly what you're asking me to do, brother. Just get her a present or something." There was a short beep, indicating that Alphonse hung up the phone. I sighed, too tired to call him back and ask for more help. I had called him right after I got off my train, the one I went on after I attempted to propose to Winry.

You're probably like, But Edward! You, the great and confident former Alchemist think that your proposal was bad? And yeah, I do. When I was on the train, I facepalmed at how my alchemy affected my speech. Winry was right, once an Alchemist, always an Alchemist.

I went to a flower shop, surely she likes flowers, right? Then I shuddered as I remembered giving her a flower and she promptly stepped on it and crushed it to pieces, much to my dismay.

Next I went to the other local auto-mail mechanic. I was going to ask for parts, but instead the mechanic gave me an annoyed look and threatened to rip my leg off if he saw me in his shop again.

I plopped down on a bench, stumped. There was nothing else to get her...

A shop flashed in the corner of my eye. Oh yeah, this gift's going to work.

•x•

I sat down on Winry's chair, in her room. The old hag told me that she was grocery shopping and would come back soon, so I decided to wait in her room till she came home. Pretty foolproof, I guess.

I was pretty nervous, since the last time I was in her room was when I was eating my lunch and caught her changing. I'm pretty sure that there's still a bump on my head from when she smacked me with her wrench that time.

I heard a "Taidamas!" and knew it was her. She opened the door and dropped whatever she was carrying and covered her mouth with her hands. She whispered, "Ed..."

"The one and only." I grinned. She ran over and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. "What the heck are you doing here Ed?" She asked, and I blushed a little bit. "About what I said at the train, I came here to give you something for being so stupid."

Her face turned red, which I can only assume was because she remembered offering her whole life, or 85% of her life, to me.

I pulled the box I brought from under the table. I made sure before buying it to check with the current residents of this house. Gram was fine with it, and so was Den. I had the complete A-Okay to buy it.

I handed it to her, and told her to open it. She was probably skeptical that I had brought her something weird, but it was the complete opposite. In my opinion, it was pretty cute. And that's coming from a guy who turned a car into a crazy looking one and called it "nice." Shudder. I was so much weirder back then.

"I swear to god if this is going to hit me in the face I'm going to hit you into next week." She joked lightly. At least, I hope she was joking. That girl could punch...

When she opened the box a hand slapped her mouth in surprise. "No...Ed. You didn't." In the box was a small brown puppy, wagging her tail in excitement. I didn't really want to know her breed, I chose her because she was one of the most enthusiastic, not because of what she was because it doesn't really matter.

"A thank you would be nice." I grinned. I was expecting a thank you, or maybe even a hug or something. Instead she gave me a kiss on the cheek, and blushed a little bit. I gave her a look that said that's it?

I pulled her into a sweet hug and rested my shoulder on hers.

"Thank you."

Star~chan