Chapter 3: A Girl Like You

Patrick closely watched Sebastian as he brushed past him, making his way to the yard. Who does he think he is? Just moments later Vera walked back in through the door, empty-handed she looked over at Patrick, curiously studying his face.

"Uh, is there anything else I can help you with?" Vera asks, after examining him for a little longer she finally decided to pop a question, "is, everything okay?"

Without facing her, Patrick redirects his attention from the yard down to his shoes, forcing himself to snap out of his ongoing thoughts, "Yeah, I'm alright," Patrick says, making his way towards his fridge, "I guess you can help me set out some beers, would you and your husband like one?"

"I can drink beer," Vera grins, watching Patrick crack the cap off with another cold beer before handing it to her, "I don't know about Sebastian though."

"I don't really know about Sebastian either," Patrick smirks, popping the cap off of his beer, "So, is he a good guy to you?"

"Yeah," Vera confidently responds, finding it oddly uncomfortable to talk about Sebastian all of a sudden, "what's it to you?"

"Nothing... forget I said anything."

Sebastian came in through the door, walking up to the kitchen table he looks around to see if there was anything else to take, "you want me to set the drinks outside?" he asks.

*2 hours later*

The food was finally ready. Patrick's close friends and family all made it just in time.

"Anyone want some more beer?" Patrick hollered as he cleared the food off the grill, his brother Mark by his side, helping him plate some of the food.

"I'll take another," Sebastian says, grasping a bottle out of the cooler himself before going back to the table.

As Vera waited for her plate of food, she watched as Sebastian wobbled back to their table, another beer at hand, "How many drinks have you had already?" she questions.

"Not many," he scolded, popping the cap off of his beer.

Vera glared at him, but just before she could take the new bottle of beer out of his hands a man sat beside her with a plate of food, "I couldn't find you earlier so I just plated you one of each," Patrick smiles, handing her the plate of food, "what would you like Sebastian?"

"Just get me whatever you're getting," Sebastian grins, taking a sip of beer.

"Alright," Patrick smiled as he got up from the table. He could tell Sebastian already had too much to drink, "I'll go get that for you then."

As Patrick walked off, he kept his eyes peeled on Sebastian. Watching his every move.

"Mark? Could you plate something for the man over there?" Patrick says, his hands on his hips as he kept a close eye on the man.

"Yeah sure," Mark grins, "Lucky guy huh?"

"Very," Patrick says in a serious tone. Without hesitation, he goes over to the couple and sits beside them, he could tell Sebastian has been bugging her from a mile away, "don't touch her like that," he says, witnessing Sebastian pull his hand away from her.

"What?" Sebastian asks, his brow furrowing.

"Don't touch her like that," Patrick says again, taking a calmer tone.

"I can touch my wife however I want."

"Patrick," Vera mutters, placing her hand on his shoulder, "it's okay, he's had too much to drink."

"The way he's touching you?" Patrick says solemnly, his eyes glistening at the sight of her, "it's not okay, I'm not okay with it."