Chapter 5: Reoccurences

"That's so strange..." Vera mutters,

"What's so strange?"

"All of this," Vera says in concern, "I'm falling unconscious out of nowhere, and seeing weird things."

After a moment Patrick looks up at her, "You didn't completely go away this time around," Patrick says, smiling lopsidedly at her, "maybe once it happens more and more often, you won't be falling unconscious."

"You think it'll happen again?" Vera whispers, glaring up at him, "it's terrifying, Patrick."

Patrick gazes at her in dismay. After thinking about it for a moment, he stares off into the very corner of the room, "is this the second time around?" he finally says, taking on her concern.

"Yeah," Vera sighs, wiping her eyes one last time with the bottom of her wrists, "I don't like it, not one bit."

"Does Sebastian know about it?" Patrick questions, looking at her as if she had the answer written all over her, "he should know, so does your family."

"No, I haven't," Vera exhales, a smirk tugging at her lips, "he would think I'm crazy, everyone would think I'm crazy."

"I don't think you're crazy," Patrick smiles in a comforting tone, "am I the only one who knows?"

"Yeah," Vera giggles, "and I'd like to keep it that way."

Patrick laughs along with her, noticing her wince in pain as she leans back, handing all the weight down to her propped up arms, "Are you hurt?" Patrick asks, his attention on her right hand as she holds it over her face, looking for any marks.

"Did I hit my wrist anywhere?" Vera questions, wincing as she tries to twist it, "it feels like it's sprained."

"Let me take a look," Patrick murmurs, gently taking her hand in his, "it can't be, you didn't hit it anywhere."

"How about when I fell? Did I hit the ground again?"

"No, I caught you again," Patrick grins, taking a glance up at her as she parted her lips, revealing her clean, white smile.

"Thanks for catching me," Vera laughs, "you obviously still gotta work on it."

"Oh, as long as I'm around you I'm sure I'll have enough practice," Patrick chuckles, gingerly flipping her hand over as the big, shiny diamond that rested on her ring finger gleamed into his eye. He blinked at the flash of her ring, glancing at it he identifies it as her wedding band.

Patrick felt guilty and vulnerable when finally coming to his senses of what the particular ring meant. She's married, yet this is the most attracted and closest he's ever been to a female friend.

Before Patrick could take his eye off of the ring, Vera slid her hand out of his clement grip, getting up from his couch as she read the time on her phone, "it's getting late," Vera nods, smiling at the man as he looks up at her from his comfortable position on the couch.

"Are you sure you don't want anything for your wrist?" Patrick quizzes, watching as Vera walks towards the door before stubbornly going after her.

"I'm sure, Patrick," Vera says reassuringly, throwing on her tied shoes with her left hand as Patrick unlocked the front door for her, pulling it wide open before leaning against it.

"How about tea?"

"Patrick, I gotta go," Vera sighs, her hands lazily sitting in her jean pocket, "We can talk tomorrow."

"Okay," Patrick breathed, waiting until Vera was on the sidewalk before locking the door up behind him.

A part of him was hoping she would stay a little longer. Not only did he want to know more about her weird sighting, but he also liked the company, especially hers.