Chapter 6: Intoxicated

They were expecting it to storm that night, but they still have yet to see some rain. Before going back into the house for a quick shower, Patrick went out to his patio with his vinegar cleansing solution and thoroughly cleansed his grill grates. He cleansed his grill two to three times a week due to cooking with it a lot, he enjoyed grilling, even if it was just for himself.

Vera made it back to her house and went straight to the kitchen, avoiding the living room where Sebastian was still passed out. Digging through the first-aid cabinet she finally found some bandage and decided it was best for her to compress her wrist with it, kind of like what she's done with her sprained ankle in the past.

After tightly swaddling her motionless wrist with the bandage she felt thirsty, "tea would've been nice," she mumbled to herself regretfully, opening the fridge finding all her groceries neatly sitting in place, organized the way she liked it.

Without checking twice Vera pulled out a carton of apple juice, not thinking anything of it she began to drink from it, "where were you?" a voice from behind yawns, startling Vera, causing her to spin around in a hurry.

"I was helping Patrick clean," Vera replies, covering her bandaged wrist with her hand after placing the carton of juice back onto the shelf. Unfortunately for her, Sebastian was quick to notice the bandage before she had the chance to hide it.

"What happened to your hand?" Sebastian asks, taking her hand in his, "how'd you hurt yourself?"

"I fell and hit my wrist," Vera sighs, "Patrick says it doesn't look sprained to him so I'm guessing it's just-"

"Did that asshole touch you?" Sebastian says with a glare, noticing a look of disappointment appear on Vera's face.

"What asshole?" Vera mumbles, closing the fridge behind her, "Patrick's a nice man, Sebastian."

"That's not what I'm asking!" Sebastian huffs, grasping her arms. Vera could smell the alcohol mixed in with his breath, "did he touch you?"

"No!" Vera snaps, pulling herself out of his hold, "he didn't lay a finger on me, he's a respectful man."

"Don't shout at me," Sebastian snaps back, his teeth gritting.

"I'm not shouting!" Vera scolds in response, folding her arms, "he didn't touch me."

"I don't believe it," Sebastian replies with aggression, walking up to her as she backs away, eventually trapping her between the counter and his heated body.

"Sebastian, stop it," Vera mutters, fear radiating inside of her as she tries to push him away, "Seb."

-

After rinsing off all of the suds, Patrick climbs out of his shower and seizes his hanging towel before facing the foggy mirror. As he's looking into the mirror he takes his towel and rubs it into his hair, trailing the towel down his entire body up until he was completely dried off.

He throws on a plain white t-shirt and a pair of shorts before taking his can of shaving cream and razor out of the bathroom cupboard, only to be interrupted by three loud pounds on the door. "Uh, coming!" Patrick mutters, throwing his towel over his shoulder as he goes to unlock his door, curious to see who it might be at this time.

Patrick tugs his door open, shocked to see Sebastian on the other side of it in the same clothes he had on before, his hands clenched with anger, "You scumbag," Sebastian yelps.

"What'd you say?" Patrick asks, trying to process what was happening, "What's going on, Sebastian, are you okay?"

"My wife fainted on the floor." Sebastian shouts, taking a step closer to him, "what'd you do to her?"

"I didn't do shit! Did she hit the ground? Is she okay?"

"She dropped to the floor and hit her head! I wouldn't have come over here if she weren't okay!"

"Oh my god." Patrick mumbles, throwing his towel to the side as he speeds past him, towards the house, "Vera?"

Patrick swings the front door open and walks into the kitchen, finding Vera on the floor as if she were knocked unconscious. As Patrick crouched down beside her, the red mark that covered almost half of her face caught his attention. The mark looked as if it were put there by hand.

Patrick picked her up and brought her over to the living room, laying her down on the sofa. After attempting to wake her up, he took her left wrist in an attempt to feel her pulse, finding her to be alive, just completely unconscious. After trying his best to take matters into his own hands, he decided that it would be best if he called for help.