Trip to the mall (2)

"...ya wanna go to Bali?" You raised an eyebrow at the banner.

"Yes! I've seen their beaches and resorts on the internet. going to Bali with the love of my life—" Vasilios stroked the area under your chin with a finger.

"—Has always been a long time dream of mine, the thought of it is just so romantic." He swooned, now you're in front of him. His arms are wrapped around your waist and your back is pressed against him.

"...when?" Vasilios felt his heart jump out of his chest. He's so happy that you're willing to do this for him!

"Oh, my darling. I love you so much." He mumbled as he swayed you side to side.

"Maybe after our wedding? As our honeymoon— or we could get married there!" He gently pinched your cheeks.

You felt... a bit guilty for giving him hope. The reason why asked him when it will happen is because you wanted to see how much time do you have to prepare an elaborate plan which ultimately cancels the trip.

"When is our wedding again?" You asked. You're going to make an elaborate plan to cancel that too.

"...It's not— there are still quite a number of uncertainties. Sadly, it may not happen this year. Maybe, on my thirty-first birthday?" He pecked your cheek. You felt chills down your spine, when the hell is his birthday?

You want to ask, at the same time you're afraid that it will make him cry. In the middle of the Mall. Maybe you'll ask him at home.

"Do you have to pick Bali?" You wrung your hand in discomfort. Vasilios's smile wavered a bit.

"...where do you wish to go?" He asked, looking you in the eyes.

"Home?" You replied. He deadpanned.

"No." He gently flicked your forehead and stormed away from the banner.

"Hey! Wait up!" You ran to him. You had to grab him by the hem of his cardigan, his arms are crossed over his chest, so you can't hold his hand.

Till this day, you couldn't really predict his mood swings. Or maybe after that whole incident, your room-reading skills degraded. Either way, Vasilios is still an enigma to you.

He never told you much about his past. You were waiting for him talk about his experiences with exes, but he never did. Not even a single mention, all he ever talked about were rambles that you couldn't bother to listen.

You know nothing about his family except they're just really messed up. He never talked about what he liked when he was a child, he never talked about any childhood pets, he never told you how and why he adopted Hermes...

Maybe it's because you never asked. Well, it's probably better not to ask. Asking him questions is like treading on a hidden mine field, you'll never know when you'll strike a nerve and cause an explosion.

You looked at your mood ring. It's still black. You furrowed your eyebrows, yours must be broken. So you removed it and placed it in your pocket for now.

You tilted your head up to look at Vasilios's. It's yellow, you remembered that it meant 'unhappy' and 'mixed feelings'.

Why is his one working? You wondered.

In your pocket, your mood ring turned green. Back to it's neutral state.