Children are invincible

You shivered when Vasilios placed a soft kiss on the back of your neck as he passes by, holding a large laundry basket in his arms.

Vasilios took your beanie hat away from your head, frizzing your hair in the process.
"Wh— hey! I'm not indoors!" You covered your head with your hands.

"It's laundry day, my darling. That needs to be washed too." Vasilios gently flicked you on the forehead.

You pursed your lips and sat back down on the outdoor sofa Vasilios bought to put it on the porch.

"What were you doing?" He asked as he took the pillow cases off the cushions, he was planning to wash them too.

"Watching the sun rise." You sipped on the honey lemon tea Vasilios made for you earlier.

"That's all?" He continued. You nodded. "May I know why?" He knitted his eyebrows in concern.

"Photosynthesizing." He snorted and gently whacked your arm with a pillowcase.

"How ridiculous." He bent down and placed one last kiss on the cheek before going back into the house.

You took a deep breath and exhaled through your mouth. You bitterly smacked your lips and scratched your neck.

You brought the cup to your lips again.

"Hi miss (y/n)!" You jolted at the voices. Your eyes looked up to see a group of children, you recognized them as the children from the neighbourhood having their daily bicycle rides.

"It's those damn kids again..." you frowned. It's not that they're rude, unruly or wild. They're actually polite!

You can tolerate kids, you knew that the likelyhood of them being someone like Harlowe is low. You can overpower them at least. However, when it comes to adults, you steer clear away from them.

"Mornin'." You monotonously replied with a weak salute.

"You do wanna play with us?" One of them asked.

"What are ya playin?" You replied.

"We're trying out some cool bicycle tricks we watched on TooYube, see?" One of them approached you with a smartphone in her hand.

You watched the video playing on it, the professional in it was doing all sort of tricks. Ollies, back wheels, flips, etc.

"Ya guys need a ramp for these." You responded.

"...oh, we don't... have one, but we can umm... make do!" The youngest of the group cheerfully replied to you.

You eyed the ramp in the video. Looks simple to make and sturdy too.

"I think I may have somethin' for you guys."

Vasilios checked the time on his wristwatch. Odd, you're staying outside longer than he expected.

He sighed and propped his head up with the palm of his hand. Maybe you fell asleep outside? Very likely.

Vasilios made sure to save his draft this time before closing his laptop. He stood up at his full height and stretched his arms.

Groaning softly in frustration as he pushed his glasses back up.

"(Y/n)?" He called out from the living room. You should be able to hear him loud and clear if you're sitting on the outdoor sofa.

No response.

The long haired male walked to the front door, opening it just to see you're not on his porch.

Worry starts to gnaw at him, where could you possibly be—

"(Y/n)!" He screamed when he saw you nonchalantly sipping on your honey lemon tea as the children rode up a steep, wooden ramp with their bikes.

They were giggling and laughing although some of them face planted on the grassy ground. Vasilios widened his green eyes at the sight of them getting cuts and bruises.

He gasped when he saw one with a bleeding nose. But that child wasn't in pain at all! Quite the contrary, he was laughing madly along with other injured children.

"Oh my god!" He yelled when some of them chased each other with the blood from their nose on their hands.

This isn't normal at all! Those children are supposed to know what is pain and what is dangerous, how are they having fun while they're injured!? How are they seeing this as something to play with!?

"Stop!" He shrieked as he marched to everyone. All heads turned to him, fear starts to fill their eyes.

Except yours.

You turned around to face your fiance too.

"Yeah?" Vasilios gave you an incredulous look.

"Seriously!? You're not seeing anything wrong here!?" You shrugged. He was exasperated at your response.

"I mean, kids are kids. They're like, invincible. See how Jodi took that crash like a champ? Good job Jodi." You gave her a thumbs up, she smiled as she sniffled, the blood from her nose, diluted with her tears flowed into her mouth. Staining her pearly white baby teeth.

The rest of the children clapped for Jodi. She blushed and wiped the blood away with the back of her hand.

"Oh, dear god..." He frowned and ran his fingers through his hair. Vasilios has some explaining to do. You turned to the children again.

"Go on, show me how ya do that triple bicycle backflip." The children cheered as they got on their bikes, they didn't care if some of their wheels were punctured or some of their bones might be broken.

"No! That's enough!" Vasilios roared, making the children stop in their tracks and shiver.

"C'mon, let them live a little." Vasilios whipped his head to you and glared daggers. You sipped on your beverage in response, only to find out that it's finished.

"Can ya make some more?" You brought the (f/c) cup nearer to him. His jaw dropped in disbelief.

"...Please?" You added.

"Oh, (y/n)..." He buried his face in his hands.

Needless to say, Vasilios vowed to never let you play with children unsupervised. He even told the children to never, ever listen to your 'advices'.