Pleasant surprise

You felt Vasilios stir and moaned softly. You believe he's waking up, you didn't bother to open your eyes.

All you want to do now is to sleep and not face him.

"...you're up early." His voice was deep and sleepy. Vasilios lovingly rubbed your arm, you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and turned around to face his half lidded eyes.

"How did you know?" You asked. Vasilios planted a sweet, lingering kiss on your lips.

"Your breathing pattern changes, my darling." He whispered and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer to his chest.

"Is something bothering you?" He mumbled. Vasilios's slender fingers slowly untangled the knots in your hair. Soon, the same hand travelled to cup your cheek. His long thumb wiped the sleep away from the corners of your eyes.

You pursed your lips as he pecked your forehead.

"Hm?" He hummed as he gave you a handsome, sleepy smile. He gently held you by the chin and pressed his lips against yours.

"Or were you waiting for me to give you your daily morning kisses?" He purred.

Well, that's a less complicated reason than... wanting to beat him up because you felt 'unfair'.

"Uh, yeah." You replied before burying your face in his chest. Vasilios lets out a cheerful giggle and hugged you tighter. You're trying to hide your clenched jaw.

"I love you."

"Hey Vassy." His heart warms at the nickname you called him.

"Aw, I love it when you call me that... Yes, darling?" His hand extended to tuck strands of hair behind your ear.

You had to resist the temptation to tell him the nickname 'Vassy' came from Thor and Lizard.

Vasilios pressed a passionate kiss on your lips before pulling you closer to him.

"...can we, uh. Go out?" You scratched the back of your head. He widened his eyes in surprise, pleasant surprise.

"O-of course my darling!" He shot up from his chair, excited that you're asking him out on a 'date'. Vasilios shuts his laptop, he knew that he didn't save the latest version of his draft. But he didn't care, this 'date' is more important to him right now.

"Where would you like to go? I'll drive wherever you want to go. Give me a moment, my love. I'll get ready." He smooches you on your cheek. Vasilios ran upstairs to get dressed and to grab his car keys.

"(Y/n), where are you bringing us?" Vasilios is getting impatient, but he's willing to visit the place that you want to go.

"Uhh... just a little more— turn right." He did and both of you reached a building as large as a supermarket, like Floormart. Vasilios tilted his head to the side questioningly, this doesn't look like a supermarket.

It doesn't seem like a sketchy place either, there are a fair amount of cars. He even saw a family of three loading their vehicles with items they bought.

"What is this place?" He asked you as he parallel parked.

"I uh... think you'll like this place." You mumbled. His eyebrows twitched up at that but he didn't say anything.

Both of you got down from his car and started walking towards the main entrance.

"I think ya would wanna grab a shoppin cart."

"That wouldn't be necessary, our fridge is already stocked up—"

"This ain't a grocery store." You cut him off. "It's uhh... really something you'd like." You scratched the back of your head.

Vasilios blinked for a moment before deciding to use a shopping cart. "Hm. I trust you, my darling." The long haired male smiled and pecked your cheek.

You took a deep breath and braced yourself. As both of you enter the complex, you noticed Vasilios's pupils start to dilate.

"Wow..." He stared at the rows and rows of fabric in awe. His hand covering his gaping mouth.

There must be at least a thousand different types of fabric. His eyes switched to the shelves filled with hobby books.

"W-what's the occasion...? Wh-why..." Vasilios can barely control his excitement, you grimace at his shaky hands.

You wanted him to make an apron for you. But he keeps on telling you he's "busy" or "no supplies".

Now he has no excuse! You faced your fear just to come here. He should be grateful enough to make you one now.

"Uhh... I wanna be nice? You're um... working real hard and I uhh... appreciate that. Yeah." You gave him a nervous smile. You try not to be too blunt, it might ruin your chance of ever getting an apron for him.

Suddenly, he grabbed you by the collar and dragged you outside.

"Hey! What's the big ide—" he pulled you into a deep, passionate kiss on the lips.

Vasilios loves you, he loves you to bits. He loves you, he loves you, he loves you— he'll die for you.

This surprise is like a cocaine rush for him, a sudden explosion of euphoria inside of him. Of course he can't control it! He has never felt anything like it!

You mentally sighed as he plants hundreds of kisses on your face and neck. You gave the people staring at the both of you a tired look. What can you do except stand there and endure Vasilios's feverish affection?

The things you do for a/an (f/c) apron.

"With this shit I'm goin through, I'm gonna request for extra frills. Maybe with my face embroidered onnit."