Potluck gathering (pt 2)

"So! How's life with Vasilios?" One of his guests, you forgot her name asked you.

You felt somewhat intimidated when all eyes were now focused on you.

Your chewing slowed as your eyes dart side to side. You honestly wish to be sitting at the children's table now, at least they aren't judgemental.

You gulped down the remaining food in your mouth as you spotted Vasilios staring at you intently.

"What? Is he expecting me to say some kinda romantic poem or something?" You raised an eyebrow and took a deep breath before giving your answers.

"He nags a lot." Vasilios gently and playfully slapped your arm as the whole table laughed at your statement.

You kept a fake grin on your face, you don't find all of this fun at all. All you want to do is hide in the bedroom but Vasilios didn't allow any of that.

He wanted you to socialize with the guests. You mumbled curses wondering why did he volunteer to host this gathering at his home.

"Is that true, Vasilios?" Another guest whom you have forgotten the name of asked him. Vasilios rolled his eyes.

"Yes, but maybe if my darling wasn't so stubborn and dense... I would nag less." He rubbed your head and kissed you on the cheek.
The guests seated around the dining table gave out small giggles at that.

"Aw, the both of you are such a sweet couple." An elderly woman who you also forgotten her name piped up.

"Thank you." Vasilios snuggled himself to you and rubbed your arm up and down. You continued eating your fill.

Then that same old woman whacked her husband's arm. "You barely give me kisses anymore!" The older man awkwardly stared at his wife as she started to nag. The whole table burst into laughter.

Except you.

You shuddered instead, although you know that she's "playfully" nagging her husband, you wouldn't want that to happen to you.

You shot the poor man a sympathetic smile. He frowned back.

"Is this shit normal in suburban neighbourhoods?" You wondered to yourself as you continued chewing on your dinner.

"If you could describe Vasilios in three words, what would they be?" A man that looks around your fiance's age asked you.

"Already told ya, 'Nags a lot'." You were starting to get tired of them, you're trying to make Vasilios cry in the middle of the dinner so everything will end soon.

You wanted to roll your eyes so badly at the laughter. Odd enough, Vasilios seem to join in.

"Darling, what do you like about me?" The long haired male asked you. You scanned the whole table, their eyes are on you now. You wonder why are you the most amusing person in the table. Couldn't they talk about someone else?

"He's... uh. Great cook. Nice guy? I dunno, I guess uh..." you tug on your collar nervously.

"...I love... him?" You sounded unsure but Vasilios didn't mind. He giggled and gave you a big, fat, noisy and sloppy kiss.

The women around the table swooned at his public display of affection towards you. The men just... looked away with shame and fear that their spouses will nag them to do that.

"Aw, she may not be romantic in words. But she sure is my little 'seductress'. I love you too, my darling." He tickled the area under your chin.

You sighed as he wrap his arms around you. This is going to take a while.

You wish you're in the kids table now.