one

one

Grace sat in her bed in the sky box when the doors opened all of a sudden and her father walked in.

"Dad? What's going on? Why are you here?" She asked her father standing up and moving towards him.

"Grace, there's no time to explain. But... you'll be 18 in two days and... I know the council, you'll be floated. So, I got you a place on the drop ship, we're sending you to the ground. All 100 of you." He tells her and she looks up at him shocked.

"What? No, it's not survivable. We'll all be killed." She tells him and he shakes his head and take her face in his hands.

"Listen to me, this is your best chance. Whether the ground is survivable or not... it's your only choice. You can live, on the ground." He tells her and she nods as a tears slips down her face and she wraps her arms around his waist.

"I love you, dad. Tell grandma that I love her, too." She tells him and he kisses the top of her head.

"Here, put this in your jacket." He tells her and hands her a book.

"A book?" She asks with a laugh and shoves it into the inside pocket of her coat.

"Who knows, maybe you'll be bored on the ground." He tells her and she smiles and hugs him again as a guard comes in with a metal bracelet. He put it on her wrist and she hisses as the needles stab her. "Hey, listen to me, you do what it takes to survive, but... don't lose yourself. You are strong, I'll see you soon." He  tells her and she nods as she follows the guard out of the cell his hand around her upper arm.

"Prisoners of the ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your chancellor it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for man kind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." The Chancellor says over the TV in the corner.

"You're dad's a dick, Wells." A guy says and Grace laughs and nods in agreement. Her father may be on the council but she did not believe in their rules. Thelonious Jaha, Wells' father was the chancellor that locked all of these teenage delinquents up, most for petty crimes.

"Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The drop sight has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough nonperishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years. No one ever made it there. Because we can spare you no food-" He says but Grace is distracted when she hears a familiar voice.

"Finn Collins." She says with a laugh as she sees him floating about the ship.

"Gracie Kane, glad to see you made it on the ship." He says and she nods in return as he turns back to his previous conversation with Clarke Griffin.