eight

eight

"Sunshine, have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asks as he shakes Grace awake from her sleep.

"Huh? Um," She says thinking as she looks across her tent to Octavia's empty bed. "No, not since we left for the pod." She tells him and he sighs.

"Okay, we're leaving to find her then. You in?" He asks her and she nods sitting up and pulling on her pants and Bellamy slightly looks away after a moment. Then her socks and boots.

"Let's go." She tells him as she stands up and grabs her pack. He nods as he leaves the tent and hold open the tarp for her.

"Everybody gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her." Bellamy tells the group and Grace picks up another knife to go with her other one. "We need all the people we can get." Bellamy says to Jasper as Grace walks over.

"Shut up. You get a spear thrown at you and almost die, only then can you try and get Jasper into going. It's his decision." Grace tells him and he puts his hands up in surrender.

"We need a tracker. Finn." Bellamy calls him out.

"Great." Grace mutters and Bellamy gives her an apologetic look. He knew she didn't want to be anywhere near him at the moment. She was pissed at him.

"Finn, we're leaving." Bellamy calls to him again.

"All right, I'm coming." He says as the group starts to move. Grace in the back by Clarke. That was until Finn came out.

"Hey. Hey, wait." Finn says as he stops Clarke.

"You know what? Bellamy needs me in the front." She tells the pair and moves past some people and comes into step with Bellamy. "Hey, you okay?" She asks him and he nods slightly. "We're gonna find her. Promise." She tells him and grips his hand tightly and he nods.

"Hey, look up there. It's so beautiful." A guy says and everyone looks up into the sky to see a thousand lights.

"They didn't work. They didn't see the flares." Raven says from across from Bellamy and Grace.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asks her.

"It's not a meteor shower, it's a funeral." Clarke tells him.

"Hundreds of bodies being returned to earth from the Ark. They already killed them." Grace explains to him quietly. "This must be what it looks like from the other side."

"They didn't get our message." Clarke says turning to Raven.

"This is all because of you!" Raven says moving towards Bellamy but Clarke and Finn hold her back.

"I helped you find the radio."

"Yeah, after you jacked it from my pod and trashed it!" Raven yells at him.

"Yeah, he knows. Now he has to live with it." Clarke tells her.

"Look, there's nothing we can do about that now, but we can go out there and get Octavia. So let's go." She tells the group and pulls Bellamy with her to the gates.

"In peace may you leave the shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels... until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again." Grace whispers as she looks to the sky.

"What's that?" Bellamy asks, quietly.

"My grandmother taught it to me." She tells him simply.

"You okay?" Bellamy asks her and she looks at him confused before nodding.