four

four

"Grace, hey, this is Charlotte." Clarke says calling her over to where Charlotte sat awake.

"Hi, Charlotte." Grace says and Clarke shares a look with Grace.

"Grace? You're Councilor Kane's daughter?" Charlotte asks her and Grace nods.

"Yeah, but I don't agree with what he and the council does. He's still my dad and I love him though." Grace tells the young girl.

"Can you stay with her until she goes back to sleep?" Clarke asks her.

"Of course, I was just reading my book. I could start from the beginning and read to you if you'd like?" Grace offers and Charlotte nods. "Cool, it's a very good book."

"What's it called?" Charlotte asks as Clarke walks away to go help Jasper.

"The Fault In Our Stars." She tells her and Charlotte looks at her confused.

"It's about stars?" Charlotte asks her. "That doesn't sound like a good book."

"No, it's a romance novel." Grace says with a smile and sits leaning against the tree. "Get comfortable." She tells Charlotte and Charlotte lays her head on Grace's leg and Grace moves her hand to Charlotte's hair, and started reading quietly to the young girl.

                                        ♾

"That damn kid always messing with my head." Murphy says as his knife bounces back off the tree.

"Not gonna last much longer. Better think of a new excuse." Grace hears Bellamy say as she walks up to where they were.

"By not much longer, I hope you mean he'll have a speedy recovery." She tells them as she leans against a tree.

"Yeah, sure. Exactly what I meant." He tells her and she picks up Murphy's knife and goes to stand in between them before throwing it at the tree and lodging it into it. "That's how it's done." Bellamy says and Grace pokes Murphy's cheek as he sighs in annoyance. He just goes to swat her hand away before tossing his arm over her shoulder.

"Got something." Murphy tells her and pulls a twig out of the ends of her hair quietly as Atom and a few other walk towards them.

"Aren't you a gentleman." She says with a a laugh and a smile toward him.

"I do try." He tells her with a laugh and she smiles.