three

three

"You buried them?" Grace asks Wells as she recognizes the clothes in his arms as the boys who died when they landed.

"Yeah." He tells her as she walks in step with him through camp.

"You could've asked for help." She tells him and he nods.

"I know, but you were asleep and you seemed to have been up late reading. I didn't want to bother you."

"Thanks, mind if I take a jacket though? This one does nothing at night." She asks him and he nods after thinking about it.

"Consider it a birthday present." He tells her and she groans.

"You remembered?" She asks and he nods.

"Of course, I mean, our parents are on the council together. That sort of makes us friends, right?" He asks her and she takes the jacket he was handing her.

"I guess, yeah." She agrees as they walk up to the drop ship together. If she was being honest, she never really thought of Clarke and Wells as her friends. It was always just Wells and Clarke.

She hadn't mind, she had Raven at work, she talked to Bellamy when he was on duty, and of course Finn because he was dating Raven. But Grace had turned away from all the privilege that their families got, she worked in mecha station. It's not that Clarke and Wells were stuck up or rude about their privilege, they weren't at all. Grace just enjoyed working and earning what she got.

"Hey, uh, where'd you get the clothes?" A kid named Atom asked as he walked over to them outside the drop ship.

"Buried the two kids who died during the landing." Wells tells him.

"Smart. You know, you know I'll take it from here. There's always a market for-" Atom tells him going to take the clothes before Grace puts a hand on his chest stopping him.

"No, don't think so." She tells him and he looks down at her.

"If you weren't a girl, I'd fight you." He tells her as he moves towards the clothes again and she pushes him back slightly again as Wells takes a step back.

"Oh, I don't mind. Or are you scared that I'll actually win?" She asks him and he scoffs. Grace knew she could, she trained with her father for years and then with the guard before quitting and becoming a mechanic.

"We share based on need, just like back home." Wells tells Atom splitting up whatever fight between Atom and Grace may have been brewing.

"You still don't get it, do you, chancellor?" Bellamy asks as he walks out of the drop ship shirtless with a girl at his side and kisses her. Grace's face turns to one of disgust as she thinks about what they were doing in there. Of course, they were barely on the ground for a day before Bellamy started sleeping with the girls in camp.

"This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply." Bellamy tells Wells as he takes one of the shirts from Wells. Wells moves to take it back before Atom pushes Wells back. "Oh, no, no, Atom. Atom, hold up. You want it back?" Bellamy asks Wells as Atom moves back away from Wells. "Take it." Bellamy challenges Wells and when Wells doesn't move to do anything, Grace moves to. Wells grabs her arm and shakes his head at her before tossing the clothes behind him on the ground.

"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells asks him as people begin to fight over the clothes.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy asks him his eyes moving between the two.

"Just put on your shirt." Grace tells him and he smirks.

"Why? Am I distracting you?" Bellamy asks her and she rolls her eyes, though she would never admit it, he was pretty good looking without a shirt. He laughs and pulls the shirt over his head and they all turn when they hear a scream across camp. They all make their way in that direction.