five

five

"Fears are fear. Slay your demons when you're awake. They won't be there to get you when you sleep." Grace hears Bellamy and slowly opens her eyes. She looks down to see Bellamy's jacket over her before looking forward at Bellamy and Charlotte.

"Yeah, but... how?"

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death. Let me see that knife I gave you." Bellamy tells her and Grace watches as Charlotte hands it to him. "Now, when you feel afraid, hold tight to that knife and you say, 'Screw you. I'm not afraid.'" He tells her and hands her back the knife.

"Screw you. I'm not afraid." She says quietly and he gives her a look. "Screw you. I'm not afraid." She says a little louder now.

"Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep." He tells her and she rolls over and he moves back beside Grace.

"That was nice." She tells him.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to wake you up." He tells her and she nods and lays down on the floor.

"It's fine." She tells him. "You should get some sleep."

He nods and lays down next to her.

"It's all clear. Anybody out here?" Bellamy yells through the forest as Charlotte walks out of the cave to join them. "Jones!"

"We're here." They hear from a while away and Grace goes ahead of Charlotte and Bellamy to find out who yelled out for help before they went into the cave.

"Lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Bellamy asks them.

"Made it to a cave down there. What the hell was that?" Jones asks them when they meet up.

"I don't know." Bellamy tells them.

"Where's Atom?" Grace asks them getting more worried by the second.

"Ahh. Ahh." Grace and Bellamy share a look as they take off in the direction of the scream.

They show up next to Charlotte and they look in the direction she's looking.

"Son of a bitch. Atom." Bellamy says as he makes his way over to him.

"Charlotte, go to the rest of the group, and go with them back to camp." Grace tells her and Charlotte looks from Atom to her before nodding and handing Bellamy a knife.

"Don't be afraid." She says and leaves with the rest of the group.

"You should head back, too." Bellamy tells her and she rolls her eyes and kneels next to Atom.

"Hey, Atom, we're gonna help you, okay? We'll get you back to Clarke." She tells him and Bellamy stares at her with unsure eyes, but she was still looking at Atom.

Clarke walks over to them a few seconds later.

"I heard screams." She tells them as she stands behind Grace.

"Charlotte found him. We sent her back to camp." Bellamy tells her and Grace looks to Clarke for a second before Clarke shakes her head.

"You should get back to Jasper, Clarke." Grace tells her and turns back to Atom.

"It's fine." Clarke tells her.

"Look, there's nothing you can do for him, but you can help Jasper. So go help him." Grace tells her quietly and Clarke looks between Bellamy and Grace before nodding and heading back to camp.

"Grace-" Bellamy starts but she shakes her head.

"Hey, Atom, ok, I'm gonna help you. All right?" She tells him as she forces a smile onto her face and holds her hand out to Bellamy and takes the knife from him. She moves her hand to his face and runs her fingers through his hair comfortably. She brings the knife to his neck and starts to hum softly. She pierces it through his jugular and drops it on the ground and keeps humming.

After a few minutes of just sitting there Grace pulls out her pack and pulls the tarp out of it.

"We should get him back to camp. We don't know what happened there, others may have been hit by the fog." She tells him as she rolls out the tarp and motions for Bellamy to grab his legs with she grabs his shoulders and they lift him onto the tarp. She wraps both sides over him and looks up at Bellamy. "Let's go." She tells him and grabs one end and he pauses before grabbing the other end and they carry him back to camp.

                                        ♾

"It's about time." Octavia says as she walks over to where Bellamy, Grace and a few others came into camp.

"Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back." Bellamy tells her as she tries to walk over.

"Bell, stop." She tells him as she moves over to the tarp.

"There was nothing I could do." Bellamy tells her as she movs the tarp to reveal Atom's face.

"Don't." She tells him as she moves the tarp back over his face and goes to leave.

"O, O." He tries but she just keeps walking.

"Octavia," Grace goes to move but he stops her.

"Just let her go." He tells her.

"I'm not going to let her hate you for something I did." She tells him and he furrows his eyes at her.

"This wasn't your fault." He tells her and she pulls her arm out of his grip and walks away from him.

                                        ♾

"Mind if I join you?" Bellamy asks as he comes up behind Grace as she sits outside if camp.

"Whatever the hell you want, right?" She asks him and he nods to himself before he sits down.

"You shouldn't be outside of the walls of camp." He tells her and she sighs and rests her head on her arms over her knees.

"There's not much of walls." She tells him and looks over at him. "I can take care of myself." She tells him and he nods.

"I didn't say you couldn't." He says and she nods and looks back forward. "It wasn't your fault what happened to Atom. He was dying, you saved him a lot of pain." He tells her.

"He was only out there because I left him out there." She says and he lets out a sigh.

"And if you would have gone back for him, you'd be dead now, too." He tells her and she glances over at him. "You should get some sleep." He tells her and she just nods again.

"I'm just going to stay out a little longer."  She tells him and he nods and leans back with his arms behind him. And they just sat together.