twelve

twelve

Grace looks up at the man with a glare before he brings a knife down to her arm and slicing it across. Grace took in a few deep breathes before letting out a scream of pain. They had been at it for hours.

She had lost track of the cuts and burns that littered her body now. From what she could tell, they were going easy on her for now. Lincoln had told her stories of what happened to grounder prisoners, their fingernails torn off, and body parts removed. The grounder let out an annoyed sigh and unhooked Grace from where she was.

He dragged her weak body to her cell and pushed her inside.

Grace lets out a sigh as she leans against the wall of the small room the grounders were keeping her in. From what she could tell, she had only been there for a day, maybe two. They weren't taking their time, she had woken up to being tied in the chair and they went right into the torture.

Grace stands up as she hears the door starting to open and got ready to put up a fight. She was weak but she wasn't going to show them that. She looks closely at the person at the door and her eyes widen as she recognizes him as Murphy.

"Murphy? How? Why are you here?" She asks him confused as she stumbles over towards him.

"I've been here since shortly after I was banished... I heard them talking about another prisoner and heard your screams. I couldn't leave you here." He tells her and she smiles at him.

"I thought you were dead. I never wanted to leave you in those woods. I never wanted you banished." She tells him and he nods.

"I'm too awesome for that right? Life at camp must have been boring without me." He tells her as he wraps his arms around her waist and she leans on him as he leads them out of the cell and towards the forest.

"Way boring." She tells him and he laughs as they trudge through the forest.

Grace hears some commotion back at the grounder camp and lets out a sigh.

"You need to leave me. They'll catch up to us with how slow we're going. And you can get away if you aren't carrying me. And they won't give up on finding me, they know I'm one of our leaders kid. I'm the perfect leverage against our people. And they'll want to confirm what you told them." She tells him and he looks at her like she's crazy.

"I am not leaving you here. We'll make it away from them. Just move faster." He tells her and she groans in pain as they pick up the pace.

Murphy stops moving when he sets off a trip wire and falls to the ground with Grace in his arms. She had passed out from blood loss a while back into their escape, much to Murphy's dismay. She was definitely light, but after the torture he had been through, it was a miracle they made it to camp at all.

Octavia and a group of three boys make their way out to where they heard the trip wire and Octavia is at Grace's side in an instant.

"Murphy? Where did you find her?" Octavia asks as she motions for one of the boys to help Grace and take her to the dropship.

"Help her. Please." Murphy tells her and Octavia helps him up and inside of camp.

Grace wakes up as someone runs a wash clothe over her blood and dirt covered face.