two

two

"If you're gonna kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it." Grace hears Bellamy say from on the ground as she sits on top of the drop ship looking at the wires and panels.

"You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" Murphy asks him.

"No. The real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think they're gonna forgive your crimes. Even if they do, then what? Guys like us, we're gonna become model citizens now, get jobs, if we're lucky, maybe we pick up their trash?" Bellamy tells them and Grace becomes more interested in this conversation by the second.

"You got a point?" John Mbege asks him as he stands next to Murphy.

"No. I got a question. They locked you up, dumped you down here like lab rats to die. So why are you helping them?" Bellamy asks them and Grace rolls her eyes as she realizes his attempts to manipulate them.

"The hell we are." Mbege says in a defensive voice again.

"You're wearing those bracelets, aren't you? Right now, those things are telling them whether or not it's safe to follow us down." Bellamy explains to the two.

"Ok. You said we could stop it. How?" Murphy asks him curiously.

"Take them off. The Ark will think you're dead, that it's not safe to follow. You follow?" Bellamy explains to the two of them.

"Right, and if we do, I mean, what's in it for us?" Murphy asks Bellamy.

"Someone has got to help me run things." Bellamy tells them with a smirk and the two boys walk off. Grace takes this as the time to climb down the side of the drop ship.

"Hey there, sunshine." Bellamy greets her with a smile and she rolls her eyes. "What were you doing up there?" Bellamy asks her curious.

"Checking out the communication system, Clarke wanted me to see if I could fix it." Grace explains shortly.

"And can you?" Bellamy asks becoming worried.

"I don't know, too much of it is fried, some of the material could be good for something but there may not be enough left salvageable to fix it." Grace tells him as she sighs.

"That sucks." He tells her and she laughs and he looks at her confused.

"I heard your entire conversation with Mbege and Murphy. How the Ark coming down is a horrible thing and we should all take off our bracelets so they think we're dying." She tells him and Bellamy sighs. "We both know you don't care about these kids, we also know that once the Ark is down here there is no need to kill or punish people for petty crimes. So why do you really not want them to follow us down?" Grace asks him and he turns to walk away.

"Hey! I know you're a good person, okay? We were friends on the Ark, you told me about how your mom read stories of the greek myths to you and I told you all about how mine died. Don't do this, there are innocent people up there, kids. If they don't follow us down, how long will they survive up there?" She asks Bellamy and then takes her hand off his arm. "Just something for you to think about." She tells him before walking away.

"They've been like this for a few hours." Grace tells Wells as he walks back into camp from the woods.

"Where'd you get those?" Wells asks her as he sees a book and a flashlight in her hands.

"Dad gave me the book before putting me on the drop ship and I found the flashlight in the drop ship. Basically the only thing they gave us when they sent us to our deaths." Grace tells him and he laughs.