10| the storm

The rest of the week passed quickly.

I went to school but to be quite honest, I didn't want to. I felt brain dead, utterly exhausted so much to the point that I was in lesson and at dance practise but I didn't concentrate or put much effort in at all. All I did was attend to make sure that I wouldn't lose my place in the dance team whilst also making sure that my mother was off my back.

During school, I had seen Maia and despite expecting the harsh glares and frigid attitude like before, instead, she didn't even acknowledge me and when she had to communicate to me in dance, it was with an emotionless, drained voice as if she couldn't find the energy to hate on me.

I think I preferred the bitchy Maia because then at least I didn't have to feel bad for her. I felt guilty and it was eating me alive.

Through all of this though, I'd honestly leave after seeing how much damage I was causing but my mother was adamant that I came to East Bridge and there was no way I'd change her mind.

It was just a few months and then I'd be out of everyone's hair and I'd be gone from East Bridge once and for all which was the only silver lining in all of this.

On Thursday evening, after coming home from school, I was sitting on my bed, trying to get through some homework.

After ten minutes or so of doing this, my body was wrung too tight and I felt antsy, leaving me unable to concentrate on doing any history or geography.

My head felt scattered and disordered.

I had so many people out for me and they had been quiet for too long on all fronts, making me feel nervous.

My mother hadn't spoken to me in what felt like weeks, I hadn't seen or heard from my stalker since the day he came to my house, there were no new text messages or calls from the unwanted number that kept asking me to call him back and finally I had not seen the boys since last week.

Quiet like this was disturbing because it made me feel as if something was coming, an attack that I wouldn't be prepared for.

And what made it worse was that I didn't know who to expect the attack from or what it would be.

I knew the quiet and the calm wouldn't last and before long the storm would hit.

Too occupied in my thoughts, I decided to utterly scrap my homework. What was the point when I couldn't even make sense of the questions?

What made things worse was the ping on my phone that alerted a new message.

I grabbed my phone and checked the screen and when I did, dread like no other piled up inside me until it felt hard to breathe.

Unknown:
Listen here, you better rethink about seeing me. I'm your father bitch, show some respect. I don't like waiting.

I read over the words and reread them about ten times before throwing my phone onto my bed.

A scream made out of pure frustration ripped out of my throat as I threw my history textbook at the wall.

Why couldn't he leave me the fuck alone?

I didn't want to speak to the man and I didn't want to see him at all. Couldn't he get the message?

The angry bite to the text message showed that he was catching on and he wasn't very happy.