20| is this possible?

After running for an immeasurable amount of time, as my body almost came limp in fatigue and my mind now sated from being blank from any feeling, I stopped near an expanse of trees that were swaying to the breeze in the early hours of the morning.

This part of town was eerily unfamiliar to me but there was nothing in me to care about the danger. Maybe the stalker should just already up and steal me and do whatever he wanted. There was a bone weariness inside of me that started to tire from always fighting.

I had been fighting several fronts my whole life and all I truly wanted was some peace, some serenity so that my heart could heal from the horrors. I never asked for a life with so many challenges and problems; all I wanted was a life where I could smile and not worry about tomorrow. Why was life so hard and horrible?

I walked down a path until a cluster of trees surrounded me, no longer able to see the moon but I could feel it and every several of steps, the light silver glow reflected through the gap in the trees, until I was coated in it, warming me up from the chill of the night. I had no clue what time it was but I knew that it was very late and after the fuckery of tonight, of my life, I couldn't seem to find the energy to care how late it was and what my mother would say to it. What could she do to make me feel worse, more tired? Slap some sense into me? Abuse me some more? There was nothing she could possibly do.

After a few minutes of just randomly walking, instead of the quiet that I had grown used to, there was an unmistakable ruffle to the leaves several feet behind me as the sound of rushed footsteps graced my ears.

Someone was following me but unlike all of the other times that danger was present, I merely turned around and waited for whoever it was to just come out and be done with it. I wasn't going to fight; the only feeling inside of me was a slight but dead curiosity, no more any passion to fight back or to do anything.

For some reason, I wasn't expecting the stalker and when the figure came out from the shadows of the darkened trees, I realised that I had been right. It wasn't the stalker.

It was Dorran.

He looked magnificent underneath the silver spray of the night's light, shining as if he was an angel gracing the earth in all his luminescent glory. But as he moved forward, and the darkness played on his skin, I couldn't help but feel that he actually was a dark angel that had been banished from heaven and who fell down to the godforsaken earth with all his striking beauty.

Walking closer to me, I saw that there was slight perspiration on his skin as if he had been running and on his face, instead of nothing I usually got, a flicker of lightness in the form of relief was displayed on his silver face as I stood there watching him approach me. There was something different in him as if something had changed inside of him.

But I was not here so he could have another fight with me or so he could use me as his punching bag. I was here to have some peace, to not have to fight for once and so my weakened body, turned away from him, and sat on the green earth, not looking at him anymore or anything in particular, just wanting him to not start anything and leave me be.

I could hear him approaching though as I tried to shut down everything but after tonight, I felt as if everything was shut down already, never wanting to be switched on ever again. I wanted this peaceful state of comatose where I didn't have to feel or do anything but exist underneath the black sky full of stars, appreciating just the breath in my lungs and the air on my skin. I just wanted to be anonymous, no longer Darcy with her million and one problems, I wanted to be nothing.

Dorran's figure still came closer and when the sounds of motion stopped for a second, I was sure he had left but to my surprise, his long body folded itself so that he was perched next to me on the slightly damp earth, just existing with me.