19| awkward revelations

DARCY

I had been drinking for what felt like ages now, graceful for the warm bubble surrounding me that the alcohol provided along with the beautiful feel of a slight buzz on my soothed skin under the dim lights of the interior of the darkened bar. The ignorant closed off feeling that made you forgot about everything and anything apart from the touch and taste of the warm liquid moving down your throat was beautiful and liberating, allowing me to enjoy tonight.

But everything had to come to an end, even the slight happiness that I had come across.

It was getting late and I'd have to be home soon before my mother's controlling self thought to check up on me to make sure that I was in her grasp so I had stopped the intake of the drinks a while ago but I had still been able to revel in the aftermath of the buzz in my veins.

After a while, when I was slightly more aware of my surroundings, I looked up towards where the guys had been sitting, no longer feeling the grey intense gaze that I had felt all evening to see them nowhere in sight.

Maybe they had gone home.

The thought only felt a little bit dreadful as disappointment flowed through me. It seemed as if I liked having those steely eyes on me no matter what he had done to me. Maybe I was slightly masochistic; there could be no other reason.

The people around me kept on drinking and laughing and no longer align with them and their entrancement in the intoxication, I left so I could leave them be. I no longer could partake in such a manner with them when I could no longer feel what they were feeling with no alcohol in me anymore.

Tay's eyes caught mine from the other side of the bar and he smiled at me, making me smile at him back. I loved that man more so than my own father. What did that say about me?

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I got it out, glancing at the notification.

Lennox:
I'm outside about to leave. Do you want a ride?

Missing my best friend and wanting to spend some time with him whilst also needing to go home, I stood up.

Tay walked towards me as if he knew I was leaving, putting his arms around my shoulder and telling me, "I'll walk you out."

My body relaxed in his hold as he led me out to the side door.

When we got outside, the cool midnight breeze tickled the exposed skin and Tay handed me the hoody that I had taken off earlier.

Shrugging it on, underneath the warm comfort of the beautiful dark sky, I added another layer of soft support onto my chilled skin.

Tay turned me towards him with tender dark eyes that I had always reprieved so much solace from over the years, muttering gently with a lot of admiration lacing his tone, "We miss you here Darcy, don't be a stranger girl."

I stepped into his arms, giving him such a hug so packed full of love as if he was the father that raised me and when I thought about it underneath the sweltering moon, I realised that he practically was. His arms were solid full of muscle and smelt like warmth and my childhood and I oddly felt like crying.

He released me from his arms after a while, still gazing at me with such a look of love, I almost did actually cry. He tapped me on my shoulder to send me away, "Off you go, see you soon."

I smiled at him, wanting to just stay with him forever but I turned and left, wandering off to Lennox.

I still felt the heat from that hug as I stared through the darkness of the sky and as I walked to where Lennox was meant to be. But as I looked up, feeling a presence, I saw that it was all five guys standing there by the only car on the road.