11| football fiasco

Since yesterday, I was on edge. Not only was everything getting to me, to make matters worse, when I got home from being with Lennox, there on my nightstand stood my phone in all its haunting glory, leaving me horrified at the realisation that one of the three guys had been in my room whilst I was out.

All last night and this morning, I had been feeling anxious.

Utterly and hopelessly feeling as if I was standing on a cliff, looking down below me into the darkness beneath. One push was all it would take to send me tumbling into the unknown, falling vulnerably to the bottom.

I didn't know what was going to happen to me now but I knew it was only going to be downhill for me until I left Richview.

That didn't mean I could stop though and be scared. I had to carry on, keep on breathing until the point I was no longer scared of the fall, only the landing.

That reason was why I found myself in school even though there was nothing more I wanted to do than stay at home away from everyone.

Walking through the school, every person I passed as I moved from my first class to my last was a blur of intangible faces, all blending together. I found it hard to concentrate and to take in my surroundings. It was as if there was a wall blocking me from the outside, created by my mind so I could focus on the more important things.

My psycho father who wanted to see me.

My psycho stalker who wanted me.

And the psycho Dorran, Marcelo and Archer who wanted to hurt me and my father.

The drama was real quickly getting overwhelming and I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep my head above the water for much longer.

To make things worse, today there was a football match.

Because I was part of the dance team, I'd have to be there to perform.

I didn't want to go at all because firstly Marcelo would be there as he was part of the football team and unfortunately for me, where Marcelo was, the other two were always close by.

Secondly, all three football teams from all three districts, Finchley manor, Granite hill and East Bridge would be there which only meant one thing: violence and drama and I didn't have the energy for that. When all the three parts of the town got together, even for something as seemingly harmless as a football match, there always ended up being problems and someone always got hurt.

And finally, the football match would run late so I was further putting myself at risk from the stalker.

These cautions swirled in my mind like a little tornado.

However, even after going through all the reasons not to go in my head, I knew I had to attend.

Not only had I practised the dance routine gruellingly for a week, I liked dancing and I didn't want to be pulled off the team which I would be if I didn't go. More importantly, I didn't want my enemies to win. If I didn't go, I was giving them more and more power over me. If I wanted to attend, I should be able to.

It still didn't make me feel better but I decided to do what was best for me; go into the shit head first and hope to not get dirty.

• • •

At around six in the evening, I stood outside the football pitch.

The skies looked pretty and fragrant as if they smelled like beautiful flowers and there was still a bit of sun left from the day, sending cascading glowing embers onto my skin.