2

With the sound of the whistle, the game ends, with a close gap between us and Tokonami High. I gave a relieved sigh and drop into the glossy floor as my team members cheered in excitement. We did it. We can advance and play more games. It's not the end of the road.

After warming down and doing necessary stretches, we rush towards the boys' volleyball tournament in hopes to catch the Karasuno boys in action. When we get there, I see them playing against Date Tech with the match scores just as close. 20,22 Date Tech. I grip the metal barrier, from the second floor, gazing at the boys down below. They seem to be tensed and on edge. I've heard about Date Tech's iron wall but it was the first time for me to see how every straight spike would just get bounced back to a kill.

My eyes lay on the libero, small from up here, but from where I stand, I can feel he was not afraid of the tall opponents ahead. He was fierce with every receive.

"Rolling Thunder!" shouts Nishinoya, rolling on the floor but surprisingly he managed to put the ball back in the air after being blocked by the strong high wall.

I would have laughed because of the ridiculous name but instead, I was amazed by how fast his reflexes were to run towards the falling ball.

Instead, I screamed and cheered,

"GO NISHINOYA-KUN! GO NUMBER FOUR! GOOD COVER!" with my heart out, I was just happy to see such a strong libero not back down.

Even I could see the impact of his actions, it brought back the motivation of the whole team to see their libero trying so hard to win. While he may not get a dazzling spotlight as spikers do, he was the one to give his team a chance to pull all those attacks.

I may have not noticed how loud I was being because while I was staring at the side of Nishinoya's fierce face, he looked up to where I was. When I lock eyes with the star libero, he smiled at me.

His smile had so many meanings,

Like, 'I did it.'

Like, 'look at me.'

Like, 'thank you for cheering for me.'

Like,

'I see you as you see me.'