4

"Nishinoya-kun, can you teach me how to receive blocked balls?" I held the ball between my hands, squeezing it, hoping by the power of will, it would explode.

I was getting frustrated day by day on not being able to predict how fast the balls are going to be.

"Let me see your stance," he said and I quickly get into position.

"Your knees and elbows are perfect," he inspects me further and I start feeling insecure about how my body looks all of a sudden.

He comes closer to me and wraps his arms around mine.

If I was any normal school girl, I would have yelped but I kept reminding myself that he was teaching me and it meant nothing to him to touch me so easily. Although I certainly felt like I was catching a fever because my face was heating up.

He pushed my arms close together, "Make sure you keep both arms and wrist together no matter hard or easy the ball is coming at you."

His hands traveled up to my forearms and at that point, my face was warm and red with how close he was. I was glad he wasn't looking directly at my face to notice.

"Make sure you make contact with the ball on the forearms, alright?"

"Mhm.," I answered nervously, my eyes darting everywhere in the gym except his gaze.

We did practice rounds, and thankfully I was getting better by the minute. I still can't guide where the ball would go but at least it's now up in the air, leaving space for other members to cover. The next blocked spike ball came and I managed to do everything Nishinoya-kun had taught me.

"Yeah, you're getting it!" he yelled and jumped, his hands spread out in joy.

I laughed, "I have a good coach,"

If I was lying to myself, I'd probably say that I could see a brush of pink in his cheeks.

"I'm just lucky to have a good student," he says while shrugging his shoulders.

"Eh... That was an awkward reply," I teased him and threw a ball lightly towards him.

"Hey! This ain't basketball!"

"HAHAHA, IT IS NOW!" I said as I blocked the incoming ball attack from him.