6

What makes 14 February a different date than the others? It was a day couples spend a day appreciating each other. Crushes are confessed and love is either reciprocated or rejected.

It's a sad romantic day. Depending on who you ask what Valentine's Day means to them, the answers may differ.

Although my friendship with Kiyoko is really tested today, and it's clear why.

"Hey, (y/n)! Can you give this to-"

"Pass this chocolate to-"

"This is for-"

"(y/n) please! Give this to-"

"Kiyoko-san"

"Kiyoko-san"

"Kiyoko-san"

So. many. requests. I decline creepy delinquents requests but I did accept the gifts I knew Kiyoko would like.

At the end of the day, I ended up with so many chocolates that weren't even mine.

Oh well, I'm sure Kiyoko will share some with me.

I chuckle at myself for the thought of being able to eat chocolate with Kiyoko after school. My eyes were so focused on the chocolate gifts in my hands that I bumped into someone on my way to class.

"(y/n)," I look up at him, and I find myself smiling.

"Nishinoya, I have something for you-" I was about to pull my own chocolate gift to give him.

Maybe I planned that as a friendly thing. A way to thank for the support and help he had given. Maybe I wished we were something more.

"Can you give this to Kiyoko-san for me?" Before I could deny, he places the gift among the others I was already holding and walked away when Sugawara-san called him over.

What?

After all that. Was it just a ploy for him to get close to Kiyoko? I don't get it.

I don't get myself.

Why am I so sad when I don't like him that way?

Why are there tears in my eyes when he's just a good friend?