13

"Hey (y/n), the boys' volleyball club invited us to watch the fireworks together to celebrate both of us passing the semifinals," said our captain to me as I was about to pack up and leave the changing room

"Huh?!" as I was halfway putting on a white t-shirt.

I haven't come to watch their practices, is this some sneaky way for them to poke and tease me for being so bold that one time.

AAAA WHAT AM I EVEN SUPPOSE TO WEAR?

As soon as I reached home, I went through all our old stuff in the store room.

"Mom! Where's my yukata?" although not long after I said that, I pulled out my last year's yukata.

"Did you find it?" my mom peeked through the door and saw the mess I made in the store room.

"I'LL CLEAN UP! I SWEAR!"

Thankfully, the yukata still fits and I can still breathe in it. That's all that matters because I am not wasting money to buy a new one.

————————

When I arrive at where the fireworks was going to be held with Kiyoko, I can see the streets lined up with delicious food stalls, giving me nostalgia of all the times I've come here before.

I waited around where we promised to meet, feeling my self get anxious every second. Do I look okay?

Scanning the area, I saw the captain and several other of my teammates walking towards my direction and chased after them so we could meet halfway.

"Hey hey, you look so pretty captain!"

"You too, I didn't think it was possible."

"HEY!" I glared at her before chuckling at myself.

One by one our numbers multiplied as both the boys' and girls' volleyball club gather.

"You guys can check the stalls out, I'm going to set up the place for all of us to sit," I said, holding the multiple bentos the captain's mom had prepared for us. It was a little heavy since it was for both of the teams but I could take two trips.

"Thanks, (y/n)!" some of my teammates cheered, they were super excited to see the stalls. I don't blame them.

"No problem!"

As I was choosing which bentos I should bring with me for the first trip, Tanaka pushed Nishinoya towards me.

"Hey-... I'll help," he takes the bentos off my hands and I take the huge mat.

I wave of my friends, before seeing the captain's mischievous look and the boys giggling.

"You didn't have to, I'm fine on my own,"

"Not while wearing a yukata," he replied.

"You'll be surprised. I can even play volleyball in a yukata,"

"I doubt that," he smirks at me and I am going through it all, how good he looks tonight.

"Fine, maybe not volleyball, maybe a less intense sport.. chess?"

We both laugh as we walk to the plain field, people are already setting up their own places.

We stop at a part of the grassy field where it wasn't too crowded and had a nice view of the open sky.

"You look beautiful by the way," he said as I was staring at the stars twinkling in the far distance.

"Aren't you suppose to say that to Kiyoko or something?" I chuckle nervously, clearly scared to touch the topic in our minds.

"(y/n)-" I could see him look a bit hurt at my words.

I rolled open the mat on the grassy field and decided I should say what needs to be said.

"If you don't like me back, its fine! You don't need to burden yourself to say it. You always liked Kiyoko, why should I stop you?" I smile weakly, now hurting myself with my own words.

He placed the bentos down on the mat before grabbing my arm.

"(y/n). I don't know how to say this. I'm bad at things like this. But,"

He looks me in the eyes, I can feel the sincere look of warmth he gives.

"I think I like you too,"