10

Its that time of the year again, orientation day. That brings me back to my first year where I was desperately trying to find my way around Karasuno High School and got lost trying to find the dining hall. I was so alone back then but Kiyoko promised to help show me around so I didn't feel so lonely. Maybe in classes when she wasn't around but soon after I found some classmates I could easily talk to. I also miss the first time I watched a volleyball match and a fire ignited in me to start joining the volleyball club. That was the most life-changing decision I've made by far.

Well, I didn't imagine this.

I got stuck at the job of recruiting new members for the volleyball club which I dislike because I can't handle annoying first years. The ones in the volleyball club are actually really sweet, we were lucky. But imagine a whole crowd of them. Ugh. How did I end up here?

"You're enthusiastic and inspire others!" Nagisa-san said.

Although I would have cussed her out, she was still captain, and I knew she was busy with exams. Sigh.

Inspire, my ass. I'm going to bored out my mind all these kids not wanting to do sports and much rather sit at home playing games all day. Hopefully, the boys' volleyball is represented by Tanaka or Hinata then maybe it would be less boring. Tanaka treated me as an equal so I always felt comfortable talking with him and Hinata had so much energy that our work would be finished in a flash.

"Y/n - chan!"

I turn around and I see who other than, Nishinoya, running towards me, a huge smile on his face as always.

"You're scouting first years too?"

"Sigh, apparently. How did you get stuck with the job?"

"...everyone avoided it really well, and I ended up having to do it..." I can imagine everyone making random excuses to avoid this, I should have done the same but then I wouldn't be here would I.

I snickered, "Let's do our best,"

"As long as you're beside me, we'll do great,"

Why does he say things like that so carelessly...?

After almost 3 hours of endless scouting, the volleyball posters that I was carrying to pass around had finally finished. We managed to pass it all. Maybe one or two of those posters will get someone to sign up.

"Hey, good job!" he said, passing me a cold strawberry milk that he bought from the vending machine.

He bought two, one for himself and one for me.

"Thanks! You, too. Great work."

----------------

hi! i see a bunch of people are starting to read this so don't forget to follow the acc heh :^)