7

To be honest, I felt a heavyweight in my heart throughout the whole week. I tried to ignore it because I looked like a dumped girl but I had never even been in a relationship before and it's scary how much Nishinoya affected me. I couldn't even define the meaning of what I'm feeling. Sigh. I feel hopeless.

"You okay?" I must have been dazed during our practice matches because the captain noticed I was not my usual self.

"Uh yeah,"

I didn't even notice the set ended because my body just kept receiving how many ever balls that passed over the net. Not caring how much we were really scoring.

She placed a hand on my shoulder after the practice rounds ended. Her other hand holding the bottle she was drinking from.

"I know you like to keep your problems to yourself as our team strongest defender but you can tell me anything,"

Tears start to well up in my eyes because I was so touched at the thought.

"Wah, I can totally count you, Nagisa-san!"

"That's what I'm here for," she gave my shoulder a squeeze for reassurance.

I told her everything, how much Nishinoya helped me improve my play, the way he cheered for me that day, only to be faced with the reality that he liked Kiyoko from the very beginning and still does. In the end, I fell like a heartbroken teen with their heart on a leash. I look at Nagisa-san with eyes full hope, maybe being one year older than me would mean she had some wise advice to give.

"Pfft, that's so unlike you," she gave a hard slap on my back, causing my cheeks to redden in embarrassment.

I was that broken up to tell someone like Nagisa-san my life problems, huh?

"Ah... I know... I was starting to respect him and maybe," I looked out the gym door, making a mental note at how I could just run out and not face these complicated emotions with my captain.

"Maybe I felt something else." hearing myself say that, I can only hang my head low in disappointment.

I put my hopes up and once again it comes crashing down like a meteor from outer space.

"I don't KNOW BUT GAHH I FEEL SO CONFUSED," I ran my fingers through my (h/c) hair aggressively, ruffling it up into a bird's nest.

"If you like him, tell him,"

If only it were that simple.