5

This is it. Is this what incoming failure feels like? A heavy pit in your stomach. Your throat closing upon you as you struggle to find words to motivate your teammates. I can't stand to see them so scared and sad, so what can I do? I take a short glance at the captain who is way too focus on glaring at the opponent to death to notice our teammates in their own anxious state. My head is reeling and I wonder if the next time they serve, will I be able to receive it? 22,23 Aoba Johsai.

The pressure is getting to me. Karasuno. Clipped crows. Maybe that's just what we really are in the end. No matter how high we-

"FLY! FLY! FLY KARASUNO!" I hear the chants from in front of me, above the black banner that says 'Fly', I see everyone that's counting on us to win. Kiyoko, Daichi-san.

No- We can't let them down-

"DON'T GIVE UP KARASUNO! KEEP FLYING! GO GO NUMBER FOUR!" amidst the cheer, maybe my head was dreaming, but I heard him the clearest.

That was Nishinoya's voice. He was cheering me on. I can't give up. Not like this. Not when we're so close.

"Alright, KARASUNOOO GIRLS! This not the end yet! We're going to fight until the very end!"

In reply, my teammates scream back words of affirmations to each other.

"Games not over until it is!" the captain says clear as day and we were riled up.

After a long rally for the match point in favor of Karasuno, our setter did a setter dump and the world moved in slow motion. The referee whistles, the scoreboard shows 25,23. All I could do was hug my teammates, thankful we didn't give up so close to the end of the match.

All of that was thanks to him. When he looks at me with the same confident hazel eyes, it's like his strength is shared with me.

That I don't have anything to fear.