0.5

0.5 ᴛʀʏᴏᴜᴛs 3

Lotus Ali
8:45 PM
Dance Studio
March 1st.

My group with first again, and honestly I can say I'm glad we went first. I went through the five eight counts smoothly, and quickly but Beyoncé thought different.

"Lotus you need to move faster." Beyoncé said as she looked down at her clipboard. I laughed, brushing it off. I moved faster than everyone in my group, whatever. I was still mad about what she did yesterday she didn't have to do that. I should be at home watching Youtube videos in my pajamas right now, instead I'm here.

She started announcing the cuts, and after that everyone left, and guess who was still a top contender? Me, but now we were down to twenty.

She tried to talk to me before she left but I refused. If it's not an apology then no I don't want to talk.

I walked to my truck getting in putting my head on the steering wheel. I was stressed as the fuck, college was kicking my ass.

I had four exams to take this week these teacher do not let up. I honestly feel like college professors don't give a fuck about their students, but more about the money they're getting paid. Luckily, I won't be attending none of these classes any longer. I'll be doing online classes while I'm on tour with Beyoncé. If I make it till Tuesday, fuck that I am gone make it till Tuesday gotta prove my birth givers wrong.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I pulled it out connecting the call to the car.

"Wasssam?" I answered lifting my head up off the steering wheel.

"Hey baby, how you doing?" My mother asked, I smiled..

"I'm doing good." I lied, "How've you been mama?"

Someone knocked at my window on the passenger side. I looked to my left seeing Beyonce. I unlocked the door, allowing her to get in.

"Why haven't we been hearing from you Lotus?" My father voice boomed through the car.

"I've been caught up with school and tryouts." I answered, looking at Beyonce.

"Tryouts? Tryouts for what Lotus?" My father asked, "Please don't tell me you're stuck on this dancing shit again."

"What'd you tryout for?" My mother asked I could hear the concern in her voice.

"I could possibly be going on tour with someone mama." I mumbled as Beyonce looked at me.

"You're not doing shit." My father said, "I told you, you are going to college and getting your degree and become a neurosurgeon! We don't have time for this foolishness Lotus!"

I tapped my leg chewing on the inside of my lip, "It seems like nothing I do makes you happy! Regardless of me having straight A's in all my classes, or me being the valedictorian. Nothing makes you fucking happy."