Chapter 1 - Sorting

Silver had taken over the young ex-deatheater, platinum blonde, almost silver, hair slicked back neatly, silvery, blue eyes and skin so pale, it glows so silver in the moonlight. Even his personality was silver, at least - we thought. Back seemed to be the basis of his wardrobe, because 8th year doesn't have uniform so the boy would strut around, as usual, in a green accessory and black clothing.

The other boy, however, was encased in nature - brown, shaggy hair, combed through by fingers, dulled green eyes covered by those iconic circular lenses, below his lightning bolt etched into his skin. A burgundy colour spread through the wardrobe of this boy. Never strutting, always running or lagging behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The golden trio had seated themselves in a booth, finally back on the Hogwarts Express, where they first met, before the Slytherins came and opened the cabin door, "There's no other seats, mind if we join you? Wanted to talk to you anyway." Pansy said placing her hand on the frame of the door. Hermione allowed them in and asked what they wanted to talk about. "Well, seeing as we have to share a common room and after everything last yea-" Harry winced, holding his hand to his left brow. Any time the war was mentioned, the same sensation came to the imprint good ol' Voldy had given him as a baby as whenever he was near, sending visions through his eyes of George and Moody, hell, even Cedric! He wished he could see his parents again and hug them tight, tell them everything.

Ron and Hermione had to shake him so hard he almost hit his head when the images stopped, Draco looked so worried for him and helped Potter wake up, holding his had as he shook him awake *Drarry <3*. "Don't- Y- You cant mention it-" He insisted. Pansy apologised and continued as Malfoy released Potter's hand, "Anyways, can we make a truce? All this fighting is ridiculous!". Ron and Harry were suspicious at first but soon agreed, this was what was best.

Pansy and Hermione were getting along well and were whispering secrets to each other the rest of the train ride, 'Pansmione vibes', Harry thought to himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new group of friends all walked into the Great Hall to see a new, smaller table near the front of what they knew as home. Sitting on one end were Luna and Neville *yay Nuna*, waving at the group as they walked over. Nuna had been a thing for almost 6 months now!

The sorting ceremony lasted around 15 mins to sort the new first years and the remaining Hufflepuffs *explained later*, 45 mins later, everyone was dismissed apart from the 8th years. McGonagall, who was now the new Headmistress, had the old Hufflepuff common room transformed into the new 8th year one (too many people were too scared or not ready to return after the incident so they temporarily removed Hufflepuff and re-sorted the remaining into a different house.). The common room looked a little like this:

The rooms were built for 1 person per room and a shared bathroom between every 2 bedrooms (as shown in the sketch

The rooms were built for 1 person per room and a shared bathroom between every 2 bedrooms (as shown in the sketch.). Bedrooms and bathrooms looked similar to:

 Bedrooms and bathrooms looked similar to:

Each room was named on the door as to who's was who's

Each room was named on the door as to who's was who's. They soon settled in and got used to the shared bathroom situation.

Hope you liked it :)

I added the sketches cos I cba to describe them and didn't quite know how 😂