p r o l o g u e

October 3rd
2017
9:57 p.m.

"Are you seriously watching that stupid horror movie again?" Your mother asked, sighing as she walked into the living room. Pausing the movie, you turned her and pouted. "I watched it and it wasn't even that scary. It was honestly more funny than anything else."

"Mom, I'm not watching this because I want to be scared," you replied as you gestured to the screen. She looked at the clown holding balloons in front of it's face and rolled her eyes.

"So you're watching it because of the cute boys in there? The characters are your age, after all," you blushed at her comment and denied it relentlessly. She chuckled and sat down on the couch next to you. "I'm kidding. But you really shouldn't watch this stuff."

"But their life is so much more exciting than mine!" You groaned. "They get to fight this evil clown thing and be totally badass, but I just get to do homework. I wish I was in their world instead...."

"One, watch your mouth," she pursed her lips as you sheepishly smiled, laughing nervously. "Two, be careful what you wish for."

She left the room again and you turned back to the movie, but jumped when you saw that the clown had moved. It walked closer and you grabbed the remote, trying to pause it.

"So, you want to float?" It asked, letting go of the balloons. "You want to float, don't you, {Y/N}? We can all float here."

"Wha--"

"You'll float too," it repeated. You watched in horror as the clown reached out of the screen and grabbed you. Screaming and trying to hold on to anything, you were still pulled closer to the screen. "You'll float too. You'll float too. You'll float too."

And then you woke up.