f o u r t e e n

June 12
1989
5:02 p.m.

Your eyes fluttered open, you looked around to find yourself in some sort of grassy plains. The sky was a light pink and you felt at ease. There were no trees, no clouds, no flowers, just you. Until someone, multiple someones, began standing up from the ground around you.

They all looked like you, not identical, but the skin, eye, and hair color were all there. Some of them male, others female. You couldn't quite tell with all of them. The youngest was about seven or eight, the oldest seemed to be sixty. There were about thirty people people in total, including yourself.

Looking down at your body, you saw no blood where the knife had stabbed you. There was no pain, no trace of what had happened at all. In fact, you were wearing something completely different than what you had last remembered wearing.

"Hi {Y/N}," a voice said behind you. Turning, you found a boy that looked to be around twelve. "I'm Damien, I was your first life. You're unconscious right now, but we'd like to show you something. Show you what you'll be leaving if you give up."

"What's going to happen?" You asked quietly as you looked around at the others. They all smiled kindly at you, Damien taking your hand so he could guide you to a clearing in the plains.

It looked almost like a drive in movie, a big white screen with comfy seats surrounding so that your previous lives could watch. On the screen, the life you lived was playing its highlights. You smiled and sat down next to Damien, watching your experiences.

"Are you seriously watching that stupid horror movie again?"

You gasped as you saw your mother, from your original world, talking to you on the screen. Damien squeezed your hand in comfort as tears quickly pricked at your eyes. Then Bill came onto the screen and it was like time had paused.

"Billy..." you whispered.

All of the moments you spent with him began to play, the bike rides around town, the movie nights, the surprise sleepovers, midnight snack missions at said sleepovers, and of course the night he took you to the roof to stargaze. The thought that you'd never see him again weighed heavily on you.

The screen showed two big, bold words: BONUS SCENE

"{Y/N}," Bill's voice cracked and you watched as he walked over to your body, motionless in the hospital bed. He placed his hand on top of yours. Your own hand suddenly felt all tingly, like you could actually feel him. "The d-doctor doesn't know wh-wha-what's going on. You've been out f-f-for two weeks b-bu-but you were suppo-pposed to wake up. They s-said... they said i-if-if you stay out any lo-lo-longer than your p-parents might have to... They might have t-to pull the plug.

"Please, {Y/N}, w-wa-wake up. I-I need you, please god, wake up! Everyone is s-s-so worried about you! We can't lose you, not like th-thi-this... I'm begging you!"

You covered your mouth as you cried, whispering apologies that he would never hear. Beverly put her hand on his shoulder, tears running down her own face, and she spoke up softly, "Bill..."

"{Y/N}! Wake up!" He began sobbing as he begged for you. As his cries got more desperate, you held out your hand to touch his face. "P-Pl-Please! Just op-open your eyes! Smile at me! A-An-Anything! {Y/N}, wake up!"

"I'm smiling!" You replied, smiling through your tears as you stood and held your hands up to him. Even though you knew it was no use, you tried to wipe away his tears. "Billy, it's okay, I'm smiling! I'm okay!"

The screen faded to black, the only thing left was something that looked like code. You frowned, tilting your head before looking back at Damien, "What's this?"

"It's your choice."

"Well... what happens if I choose to leave?" You ask, looking at the options on the screen.

Err

¡! <System Branch>
    if: there is Err

¡! <Stay>
    if: say Yes

¡! <Leave>
    if: say No

"If you leave," Damien took a deep breath, looking at the others before settling his gaze on you again. "If you leave, this will all just be a dream. You'll wake up with a foggy memory of this and you'll be able to go on with your normal life."

"And if I stay?"

"You'll wake up in the hospital," he replied. "The Losers will be there, as well as your parents. I can't tell you what will happen, you'll be in a universe that is new to us all."

You bit your lip, looking back at the options, "Will I remember this? Remember you?"

"We'll just have to see."

---

"Have you made your decision?" Damien asked, holding his hand out for you to take.

You had asked to be alone to think for an hour. You loved Bill, loved the Losers, hell, you even loved Derry, but you were about to give up everything you had ever known. Sure, you'd still have the same parents, but friends were a different case. The Losers were amazing, but Caroline had been with you through thick and thin. Before the movie, you had her. You weren't sure if you wanted to turn your back on her forever.

"I have."

The walk over to the screen was a long one. No matter what you chose, you'd literally be giving up your life. In the end, the choice seemed obvious to you, but it still hurt to know that you would never be able to go back to the life you lost. You took deep breaths as you walked, staring ahead with teary eyes.

"Go ahead," Damien gives your hand one last squeeze before stepping away. "We'll always be supporting you, no matter what you decide."

Swallowing thickly, you tapped on the screen, bringing it back to life. You asked quietly for it to play some scenes from your original life. With a sad smile, you whispered your goodbyes even though you knew they wouldn't hear them.

Once the Err cam back, you clenched your fists and held your chin high. You gave one last smile to Damien before saying with great confidence, "Yes."

{A/N}: Hey guys! I know it's been a long wait but I'm back with another chapter! I think in might give you two chapters in one day, just to be nice since I kept you waiting for so long. I love you all to bits!